Help. I am receiving an error. Every time I sync with the desktop manager it says desktop manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still happens. I also have the latest version. Confused.
    04-09-08 08:33 AM
    Mine does that too, only not all the time. I figured it was because my laptop's a POS that is slowly dying.
    04-09-08 08:35 AM
    It happens to me fairly frequently as well. I've gone back and forth between DM versions (4.3, 4.2 SP2) and it doesn't seem to matter. When it happens, sometimes it helps to go into the process viewer (assuming Windows here) and kill the RIM DeviceManager process, because it's still running even if DM has crashed. For whatever reason, in my case anyway, DM is one of the more unstable applications I have ever encountered. I just muddle through it and hope DM 4.5 is a vast improvement.
    Last edited by MikeQuery; 04-09-08 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Stupid keyboard!
    04-09-08 09:49 AM
    Yeah, it happens alot to me too.
    04-09-08 09:51 AM
    Seems like a computer issue. Do you have issue with other software? It seems to be conflicting with another piece of software. Check for malware or Windows software installation issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 09:53 AM
    No issues with other software. Running XP on my computer at work. It gives this message every single time, consistently.
    04-09-08 07:36 PM
    No issues with other software. Running XP on my computer at work. It gives this message every single time, consistently.
    Anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I've encountered the same one! I sync new Pearl 8130 between work and home computers. No problems on Friday. Today, at work, I get the "... desktop encountered and error and must close. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I've tried reloading desktop manager, rebooting, but still get the same error. After reboot it goes through calendar and acts like it is going to sync but then I get the error message. Once I get the error message it comes up every time I click on BB Desktop manager.

I did uncheck the calendar for sync and was able to sync contacts and tasks. After doing that I checked the calendar but was not able to sync and got the old familiar error.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

John
    Last edited by zebrajeb; 05-12-08 at 12:23 PM.
    05-12-08 12:03 PM
    Ive been using my BB and the DM since april with no problems, until today! It just throw the same error message, at the exact moment when the messages are going to sync.

Anyone has found the reason for this issue? Or how can it be resolved?

Thanks!!
    07-08-08 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD