Hi, I have a storm and bb desktop manager version 4.7. I run them on my mac (on parallels-windows XP) and on my dell mini 10 netbook (also windows XP). I've used the desktop manager on my netbook in the past for several OS upgrades and backups and it's worked fine. The desktop manager has not been altered since my last use of it on my netbook. I tried backing up my storm tonight on my netbook and I received this message upon the "Trusted Key Store" stage of the backup process: "Error backing up database(s)" with an OK button to press. I tried several more times, I get the same message at the same time each time I try to back it up. So I installed bb desktop manager on my mac on parallels. I tried backing up on that, and the exact same message comes up at the exact same time. Obviously it's not my desktop manager. Help?
    P.S. I'm running .151 on my storm, if that helps.

Thanks!
    09-20-09 12:36 AM
    i have the same exact problem with my storm!
    09-21-09 05:21 PM
    I've been trying to find a solution for this as well. Does anybody know what to do? I have 2 Blackberries, a 8900 and a bold. I've tried both the 4.6 and 5.0 version of the DM, and I encountered problems with both versions. With the 4.6 both my bold and 8900 never had a single successful backup operation. With the 5.0, my 8900 backed up fine, but my bold still wouldn't back up properly with that error message "Error backing up database(s)"

=(
    09-21-09 10:29 PM
    You probably need to clear your browser cache. Open your browser. Press the menu key. Select Options>Cache Operations>Clear History. The backup should work fine after that. I have a Storm 9530 by the way, not sure if this works on the Bold or not.
    Last edited by berryjd; 09-21-09 at 11:21 PM.
    09-21-09 11:18 PM
    I have a vzw curve 8330 and have the same problem. I've cleared my browser cache and tried a battery pull but am getting the error.

Error backing up database(s).
    [profiles] 4 of 9 entries retrieved.

WTF is up with that? anyone know how to pull an error log on this?

thanks in advance
    09-22-09 05:58 PM
    I have a vzw curve 8330 and have the same problem. I've cleared my browser cache and tried a battery pull but am getting the error.

thanks in advance
    Try ALt + LGLG. It brings up the Event Log... Clear the log and try to back up again.
    09-23-09 03:43 AM
    Try ALt + LGLG. It brings up the Event Log... Clear the log and try to back up again.
    Tried that and got error on backing up keystores. using DM 4.7 on my bold .292 os.
    09-23-09 01:09 PM
    Tried that and got error on backing up keystores. using DM 4.7 on my bold .292 os.
    Aahhh... DM 4.7 might be the problem. Lot of people had problems using it. I recommend DM 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 01:11 PM
    Aahhh... DM 4.7 might be the problem. Lot of people had problems using it. I recommend DM 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll have to check with my IT department to make sure I can use 4.6. I upgraded to 5.0, and it is not supported.

Thanks for the info, and I'll post again when I know if it works or not.
    09-23-09 01:42 PM
    Get the same error with 4.6.
    09-24-09 08:26 AM
    I have tried it all, and failed with flaming disaster, but when I uninstalled WSJ Reader, or any wsj app, the backup file was successful. As this problem has happened ever since they have made the site a pay subscription, its delete and re-add every time you need to back up the device.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Sinead
    09-24-09 05:55 PM
    me too....same problem
    09-27-09 01:33 AM
    me too....same problem
    tried it again today after a blackberry Desktop Mgr Auto Update, and it worked
    09-27-09 01:38 PM
    Mine is back to the same old same old, I am at the point I dont ever want to deal with Verizon. I cannot backup - cannot find profile, database, etc. Added and Deleted DeskTop Mgrs, so many times, even the updated desktop. Looking to wipe device clean, and will do this one more time .
    Thanks for listening ,
    Peace
    Sinead
    09-27-09 09:51 PM
    On whatevr database it stops at in DM, go to the advanced section, select the databse and clear it. It happened to me last week on one of em.. fixed it.
    here it is. the link is: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bac...abase-s-94328/
    09-29-09 08:04 PM
    let me know if it works for ya...hope it does
    09-29-09 08:05 PM

thanks in advance
    Im having the same problem, I have a 8330, everything always backed up fine for over a year. I upgraded my desktop to 5.0 and upgraded my os to 4.5 2 weeks ago and everything still backed up fine. Until this morning, now I get error backed up database(s) 12 of 14 entries retrieved. then is says backup file created successfully. Tried it 4 times, same message everytime.
    Last edited by damaine1; 11-19-09 at 08:06 PM.
    11-19-09 08:02 PM
    I feel bad for you guys that are having problems but Im running DM 5.0 with a 8330 I was having the same problem the eara load 4 out of 9 ect. I looked in this post saw the press alt and LGLG then clear the catch list. I went back I can back up my phone no problems and did it five times. Im running 4.5.0.169 I got one of the pain in the *** CDMA cant run the 5.0 yet phones. so yea
    11-22-09 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD