Ok, so I usually ask questions, its time I contribute something.

Im trying to get email from PC/email, and sub folders to my BB Storm inbox. Problem is, I can only find out how to do this in BES. Which I do not have or use. So no go. I searched more but found no solution so if YOU Have one, please share.

IN THE MEAN TIME here is my poor mans workaround.

BACKGROUND I sort my incoming email into various folders. All the mail that stays in the inbox goes to my BB. The other new mail does not. I want it all to come to my BB inbox.

WHAT YOU NEED A BB! A POP mail account. Basic yahoo will not work as it does not redirect incoming mail to other addresses. Comcast works, as do other POP capable mail systems. A SECOND email account this CAN be a yahoo account.

Step 1) Set up your two email accounts: Well call them ME@Main.com (the POP account), and PIVOT@other.com (the feeder account)

Step 2) Set up ME@main.com folders the way you want it. Lets say INBOX, SOCCER, TECHNOLOGY. Three mail folders.

Step 3) In ME@main.com, setup filters. Filter 1, send a copy of all incoming mail that meets the SOCCER criteria to MEs folder AND forward a copy to PIVOT@other.com. Filter 2, send a copy of all incoming mail that meets the TECHNOLOGY criteria to MEs folder AND forward a copy to PIVOT@other.com.

Step 4) On your BB, set up to get mail from ME@main.com. This will send you all INBOX email from ME@main.com.

Step 5) On your BB, set up to get mail from PIVOT@other.com

THEN sit back and enjoy email from ME account will show up, this will be your INBOX mail from the ME@main.com account. AND email from PIVOT@other.com will be sending you email from your folders; in this case SOCCER and TECHNOLOY.

Its a work around but it works and can be set up easily with filters and turned on/off at will.

Hope this adds some value I certainly have gotten a lot from you guys already!
    09-15-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD