This is my first post so please be patient When I start the apploader in the DM and go to add or remove apps it always wants to remove the bb messenger 5.0 from the list. THERE IS ALSO TWO VERSIONS OF THE MESSENGER IN THE LIST OF APPS! This started when the official 5.0 came out and was downloaded via ota. How do I locate and remove the older file so that DM want see it?
    11-14-09 10:36 AM
    This keeps happening to me too! I was wondering about that.
    11-14-09 11:07 AM
    This is something that I have seen also when my BB is connected to DM. Once I deleted BBM by mistake because it was not checked so DM deleted BBM from my device. It's weird because DM shows two Blackberry Messengers (4.5.0 313kb and 5.0.0.33 2.9 MB). WTF. On 4.5 it says "remove" as the action but it says "none" for 5.0.0.33. WTF again. LOL
    11-14-09 11:29 AM
    i have the same issue, the core bbm is associated with os files and the v.33 is my ota every time i hook up to dm to remove or add an app it says bbm (core remove) but it never does as its ALX with core so dont worry about it it never deletes and v.33 in not affected
    11-14-09 11:45 AM
    So no solution to this then?
    11-17-09 03:41 AM
    I am so happy this is not only my problem. So is there a way to solve this? Upgrade or downgrade DTM, maybe?
    12-17-09 08:50 AM
    I got the same problem everytime i connect my Bold with DM and try to install a new downloaded app or game.. The problem is i think that now DM (dont know if it the newer version or something else changed) goes through all apps and which ever it does not identify it chooses to remove it.

I remember older versions of DM that when i chose an app to install it only took a couple of minutes and it was done. Now that it goes through all apps it needs more than 10 minutes to complete.. Has anyone else noticed something similar? It is not normal to need so much time to install one app or one game..
    12-21-09 02:00 PM
    And here is a screenshot of the DM just after trying to install 1 since theme (cod file).. It went though ALL apps, removed BBM and restarted phone! You can image how long it took

Any suggestions?
    12-22-09 03:21 AM
    Since I try and buy many apps to get my "perfect" Bold, I use DM alot. But since I upraded DM, it's a looong process. Why is this? It keeps trying to take off BBM 5.0. Good to hear it's not just me.
    12-22-09 03:07 PM
    Same problem here as Hoser. I just want to untinstall some crap apps and don't want to lose BBM. But the above posts are misleading.
    Since I try and buy many apps to get my "perfect" Bold, I use DM alot. But since I upraded DM, it's a looong process. Why is this? It keeps trying to take off BBM 5.0. Good to hear it's not just me.
    One post said it will not uninstall BBM:
    i have the same issue, the core bbm is associated with os files and the v.33 is my ota every time i hook up to dm to remove or add an app it says bbm (core remove) but it never does as its ALX with core so dont worry about it it never deletes and v.33 in not affected
    But most the others said it will uninstall BBM. Can we get a solid answer?
    12-24-09 11:03 PM
    Removed it on mine... and now that i re-installed it... it wants to remove it again. either that or downgrade it.
    12-27-09 07:26 PM
    I just deleted one of the BBMs without affecting BBM 5.0.0.57. Just make sure 5.0.0. 33, 5.0.0.57, or whatever version you have is checked. DM deletes anything that's not checked. If it's checked, it tells DM that you're keeping that app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 03:30 PM
    I just deleted one of the BBMs without affecting BBM 5.0.0.57. Just make sure 5.0.0. 33, 5.0.0.57, or whatever version you have is checked. DM deletes anything that's not checked. If it's checked, it tells DM that you're keeping that app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah obviously.. However the issue arises cause DMN does not identify that BBM .57 is install and in in the list it shows some older version. Therefore we leave it unchecked, cause if we check it, it will restore the default BBM version of the installed OS If it remains unchecked. it again does the same...
    12-30-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD