My household has 2 9630's. When I connect mine, it works just fine; my computer finds & installs the driver; Desktop Manager finds my connected phone & my PIN shows & I can do everything; it all works.

However, on the 2nd Tour we have, it won't install the driver correctly and therefore the Desktop Manager doesn't ever find the device to connect to it. All it says after it installs the driver (once I connect the phone via USB to the computer) is that it has installed an unidentified device and it is ready to use.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this issue?

Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to read this!
    02-17-10 02:23 AM
    Just looking for more info. You are using a second computer, too? If so, are both computers using the same OS (xp, vista, ?).

Try a different usb port. In Device Manager, check to make sure that the usb port is powered on - sometimes, they will save power and turn off. Try a different cable.

And does the computer where Tour1 works, recognize Tour2? You can use ONE computer for two devices. Although, I would not know how Outlook works with two computers (two outlook accounts?????)
    02-17-10 10:24 AM
    There is only the one computer. And I am using the same USB port as the Tour that does connect fine & work. Also using the exact same USB cord. I have tried a different USB port for both phones and the 1st phone works on all of them & the 2nd one doesn't work on any of them. All I can tell is that it has something to do with the driver; at least that is my best guess. I would think that the driver would be the same for all Tour's & so the one on there from the 1st phone would work for the 2nd. And if not, then it should be able to install a driver then and it does not. Thanks for responding!
    02-17-10 10:49 AM
    try this plug in tour 1 open device manager look for universal serial bus controllers and expand it. If you see tour 1 listed as blackberry smart phone in there, right click on it and choose uninstall.

Then unplug tour 1 and plug in tour 2. if it does not show up,,right click on universal serial bus controllers and choose refresh.

If this does not work then you know it is phone issue. repeat this process if tour 2 drivers do not work correctly..
    02-17-10 12:15 PM
    Are they both using the same OS version? 4.7 or 5.0?
    02-17-10 01:29 PM
    Nope, Mine (the 1st one) is on 5.0 & the 2nd one is on 4.7. I plugged mine in, updated the OS to 5.0. Then plugged the 2nd one in & thus the issue began. hmmmmm wonder if that has something to do with it?
    02-18-10 08:29 PM
    By the way, I still have to try your suggestion when my friend gets home with the 2nd phone (she has been at work the past couple days since I posted this). So when I get my hands on the other phone, I am going to give it a try & I will let you know if it works! Thanks to all for your help! It is GREATLY appreciated!
    02-18-10 08:31 PM
    So I tried this:
    *try this plug in tour 1 open device manager look for universal serial bus controllers and expand it. If you see tour 1 listed as blackberry smart phone in there, right click on it and choose uninstall.

Then unplug tour 1 and plug in tour 2. if it does not show up,,right click on universal serial bus controllers and choose refresh.

If this does not work then you know it is phone issue. repeat this process if tour 2 drivers do not work correctly..

Now my phone won't even connect anymore. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BB Desktop Manager and still nothing works. Now the problem is worse. Thanks though.
    Any other suggestions?
    03-08-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD