Hi there,

I'm still fairly new to the BB, syncing and all of that and it seems that if you download & install via OTA, you don't wind up with the app's actual install file on your pc's hard drive like you would if you downloaded to the desktop and then installed via the DM.

I'm thinking if you ever need to reinstall apps that you've downloaded & installed via OTA, you would have to then go and re-download the apps whereby if you download & install from the DM then you should already have the apps saved to a downloads folder on your pc.

It comes to mind that although OTA is really cool and convenient, whenever possible it's perhaps best to use the download & install via the desktop routine?

Some help clarifying this would be appreciate, thanks much.
    08-09-09 11:56 PM
    This is all true. Although when you backup your phone through DM you back up those apps along with it so OTA apps are still ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 12:12 AM
    Thanks much, corpnetsolutions. I didn't realize the backup would include the downloaded install programs.
    08-10-09 02:52 AM
    Thanks much, corpnetsolutions. I didn't realize the backup would include the downloaded install programs.
    As long as you do the 3rd party back up under change devices in Desktop Manager then it includes them. The normal "backup" does not include the apps.
    08-10-09 05:54 AM
    Lets move this thread and continue the discussion over in Storm 3rd Party Apps.
    08-10-09 08:40 AM
    As long as you do the 3rd party back up under change devices in Desktop Manager then it includes them. The normal "backup" does not include the apps.
    +1

(u can also use "bbsak" ( RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/3/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.3 ) which allows u to backup 3rd party apps easily w/o the need of all the dm and waiting)
    08-10-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD