When downloading the blackberry link software update on my pc windows 8.1 it seems like it downloads and installs but there's no desktop icon or any of opening up the program need help please

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 06:39 PM
    My shortcuts all work - Desktop and Start Menu.

When you go to Start - and click the little down arrow to show all apps.... does it not show there? What if you click the search box and type BlackBerry? Once you find it you can right click and "pin" it to Start or Taskbar.

If you can't find it... go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Link\BlackBerryLink.exe and create a shortcut.
    06-02-14 01:42 PM
    When downloading the blackberry link software update on my pc windows 8.1 it seems like it downloads and installs but there's no desktop icon or any of opening up the program need help please

Posted via CB10
    Step 1 - Ditch Windows 8

Seriously though, hit the Windows key on your keyboard, usually near the CTRL key. Go into All Programs, it should be in there under the blackberry folder.
    06-02-14 01:43 PM
    No its not showing up in my apps Idk what to do

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 07:39 PM
    No its not showing up in my apps Idk what to do

Posted via CB10
    Hit windows key+r, browse to c:\program files (x86)\Blackberry. See if it's in there, it might be a "Research in Motion" folder too, I can't remember. The executable will be in there if it's installed.
    06-08-14 07:47 PM
    No its not in there when it's installing with the wizard it almost gets done installing you know the green bar is going left to right almost finished and right before it's done it says rolling back action and the green install bar goes right all the way back to the left like it uninstalls so I have no idea

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 03:18 PM
    Sounds like it's not installing properly. Try resetting your Windows Store cache.

Hit windows key+r

Type in wsreset.exe then hit enter.

Try to install it again after that. At this point you are dealing with operating system issues and nothing blackberry related.

Posted with my Z30 running10.3.0.296 on AT&T
    06-14-14 03:30 PM
    I will give it a try mainly thanks for the help and I'll get back with you to let you know if it works thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 09:26 AM
    And mainely if I can ask you a couple questions how did you get the z30 on at&t and how and where did you get the 10.3 update and how do you like the z30 thanks again

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 09:34 AM
    Yes mainely I did the wsreset.exe said there was a problem with my settings told me to refresh my pc I did then it pops up some files are missing your windows installation or recovery media will provide these files Idk what to do know not very good with computers

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 09:50 AM