I wanted to back up my phone after a few months of having it, so I put the disc that came with my BB into my laptop to download desktop manager. it downloaded fine, i connected the usb cable to my phone and the "Device: USB-PIN: XXXXXXXX , Please enter your device password" box appears on my laptop. I try to put my pin in that i use to unlock my phone every other time and it regects it. I try again. Finally I pull the USB cable and try to just enter my pin into my phone. It gives me teh dreaded message instructing me to type "blackberry" i do and put my pin in that i always do and nothing. Im at 4/5 and nervous. I have over 120 contacts and a lot of them business contacts. I was further discouraged after I called sprint and the lady in the "advanced technical support" just kept saying "we can wipe your phone clean, sir". I could also just run it over with my car and get a new one too. Im going to the sprint store tomorrow...

Any advice from the BB experts.

Thanks in advance and i apologize about the rant
    03-30-10 11:11 PM
    That's the calmest "rant" I've seen in awhile
    I assume that you're sure that the password is being entered correctly and that you do not have caps lock or alt lock on. Have you tried a battery pull (battery out for 30sec minimum)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 11:19 PM
    great, I tried it some more and now it says if its wrong again all my stuff is erased. might wait to get to the sprint store before I do this last one.
    03-30-10 11:25 PM
    That's the calmest "rant" I've seen in awhile
    I assume that you're sure that the password is being entered correctly and that you do not have caps lock or alt lock on. Have you tried a battery pull (battery out for 30sec minimum)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not yet, but I can
    03-30-10 11:26 PM
    I had a similar situation. My problem was that I entered my pass as a numeric key on my BB. ex. "1234". But on the comuter you have to enter the associated letters. So if you enter your pass as "1234" on your BB you would have to to type "wers" as the pass on your keyboard.

Hope that helps
    03-31-10 10:04 AM
    I had a similar situation. My problem was that I entered my pass as a numeric key on my BB. ex. "1234". But on the comuter you have to enter the associated letters. So if you enter your pass as "1234" on your BB you would have to to type "wers" as the pass on your keyboard.

Hope that helps
    What???????? It doesn't matter, if you set up 1234 on your phone it will be 1234 for your PC too. All you need to do is use the number keys on your PC keyboard. It's not numbers one place and letters on the other, it's the same for both.
    03-31-10 10:10 AM
    What???????? It doesn't matter, if you set up 1234 on your phone it will be 1234 for your PC too. All you need to do is use the number keys on your PC keyboard. It's not numbers one place and letters on the other, it's the same for both.
    Calm down.... Some people (like myself) didn't realize that unless you're hitting the alt key when you key in "1234" when you're setting your password you are really keying in "wers". So "wers" has to be ur key in Desktop Manager. Ir might of been inartfully said, but I think if you would have thought about it for a sec, instead of trying to attack, you would of understood my point and my intention to help. btw, there has been a couple of posts on this same very thing. Whether it helps the OP or not, I thought it was something to think about.
    03-31-10 11:22 AM
    Calm down.... Some people (like myself) didn't realize that unless you're hitting the alt key when you key in "1234" when you're setting your password you are really keying in "wers". So "wers" has to be ur key in Desktop Manager. Ir might of been inartfully said, but I think if you would have thought about it for a sec, instead of trying to attack, you would of understood my point and my intention to help. btw, there has been a couple of posts on this same very thing. Whether it helps the OP or not, I thought it was something to think about.
    I think your reply was very helpful. This is good to know in case we get that lock on our BB.
    03-31-10 01:59 PM
    Thanks for all the useful replies, this definitely seems like an active forum. I ended up pulling the battery for about a minute before my last try and made the same key entry as ive done in the past, and it accepted my password. I now have sympathy for anyone about to lose all business contacts. since then i have successfully backed up all my information so this wont be an issue in the future.
    04-04-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD