I have 2 PCs: one is running Vista, and the other one has both XP and 7 (dual boot). I haven't tried installing Desktop Manager on 7 yet. If anybody has tried, does it work? Are the drivers compatible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:33 AM
    Yes DM works with 7 RC. In related news 7 has gone RTM.

07-24-09 11:36 AM
    Yes DM works with 7 RC. In related news 7 has gone RTM.

Great. I'll have to try it. My
    official copy of 7 is on order. When it arrives Vista will be gone from the PC that has it now.

07-24-09 11:40 AM
    Have to agree, IMO it's faster on 7 than it ever was on Vista. On the same machine, OS updates on 7 are at least 30% faster than when the machine was running Vista.
    07-24-09 12:37 PM
    Have to agree, IMO it's faster on 7 than it ever was on Vista. On the same machine, OS updates on 7 are at least 30% faster than when the machine was running Vista.
    How would you compare the speeds on 7 vs. XP?

07-24-09 12:39 PM
    I myself find the speed to be the same, for stability and user experience, Win 7 hands down...........
    07-24-09 01:14 PM
    How would you compare the speeds on 7 vs. XP?

I just removed XP from the last of my machines since I already have access to Win 7 RTM through my job.

I have to be honest with 2+ GB ram, XP is pretty darn fast, way faster than Vista for just about everything. I want to say Windows 7 is a little faster, but it is not dramatically faster than XP, it just looks alot better.
    07-24-09 01:38 PM
    DM works better on Vista or Windows 7??
    07-25-09 12:28 AM
    Ok I finally the desktop manager to install and properly open on windows 7 had to install it without any of the roxio. The issue I'm running into is I cannot back my phone up, the DM gets all mad and doesn't respond and shuts down. Is there a work around for this? I have the Tour and DM 5.0.0.11 installed.
    07-30-09 08:46 AM
    DM works on Windows 7 RTM
    07-30-09 12:35 PM
    I just installed the latest Desktop Manager on my Windows 7 computer and now for some reason I cannot access the Internet; Comcast is the ISP. everything else seems to work fine, and I downloaded the most recent 5.0 version from the net to install it. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere?
    07-16-10 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD