Noob here. I run Vista on my PC and have installed DM to sync Outlook Calendar and contacts to my Storm.

Everytime I boot up my PC, the DM begins running. The only way to stop is the Control-Alt-delete function and closing it in the task manager window. After stopping it, my computer still takes 10 times longer to boot up than it did before installing DM.

I have tried the standard "remove from startup folder", but it continues to run upon bootup and in the background. Do I have to keep it? Can I get around using it by using something else?

I'd really appreciate your ideas. I have enjoyed reading and learned a lot from the CB Forums. My husband thanks you too, as were are both recent converts from the Palm world.
    05-24-09 11:23 PM
    I am not positive but I think there is a setting in the dm options to diable startup at system boot up. I have mine set not to come on until my device is plugged in. Again I am not positive on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 11:25 PM
    Recently I tried updating DM to 4.7 with media player and it would lock up my PC..and if by chance it didnt it would take forever to find my phone..I asked here and apparently 4.7 has some issues..I went back to 4.6 without media manager and so far all is well...maybe try 4.6 without media manager and see if that works..be sure to uninstall previous version first..hope this helped.

JC
    05-25-09 04:42 AM
    Re-install the software, but this time, de-select the 'Open at Startup' option.

That is particularly important if you have installed Roxio Media Manager. On startup it opens multiple threads for file indexing that slows everything down to a crawl.

05-25-09 10:46 AM
    Re-install the software, but this time, de-select the 'Open at Startup' option.

That is particularly important if you have installed Roxio Media Manager. On startup it opens multiple threads for file indexing that slows everything down to a crawl.

You don't necessarily have to re-install the program to disable the 'Open at Startup' function. Go into MSCONFIG, either Start > Run > type msconfig or press Windows key + R > type msconfig, click the 'Startup' tab and uncheck the programs you don't want to run on startup.
    05-25-09 11:53 AM
    That is good advise too.

I prefer to recommend the least complicated way to accomplish the goal. Different members have different skill levels, anybody can run an install program. Some will choose to edit the registry.
    05-25-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD