Sorry, this is an obvious question that may have an obvious answer, but I can't seem to find it . . . Does BB Blend replace BB LInk, or does it run in addition to it?

Also, is it reliable? I've already had a problem with Link screwing up a backup/factory reset and losing most of my contact list (luckily I had another backup on InTouch) and don't want to get myself into a worse situation.

Also, any success running Blend on Windows XP?

Thanks.
    04-27-15 02:44 PM
    In addition to, it is similar and some functions cross over, but it's a very different product. Did you use a Palm Pilot back in the day? Do you remember Palm Desktop? Blend is more like this type product, it lets you extend and work with your BB from another device, such as your computer, Mac, or iPad. You can read emails, BBMs, etc and access files, BUT you can not backup your device (at least not a full backup), and you can not reload your device software. You still need link. Think of it this way. You can use Link, once a week, or less often just to back up and for emergencies, but Blend you will probably use daily!
    bzavitz likes this.
    04-27-15 02:56 PM
    I run Link in the background. I leave my laptop on 24/7 and access all its files with my Q10 using Link's Remote File Access. I suppose Blend might be able to do that, too, but I can't get Blend on my 10.2 os.
    04-27-15 03:04 PM
    I run Link in the background. I leave my laptop on 24/7 and access all its files with my Q10 using Link's Remote File Access. I suppose Blend might be able to do that, too, but I can't get Blend on my 10.2 os.
    Yea it's not about the file access, it's about reading your emails, and BBMs on the computer.
    04-27-15 03:06 PM
    In addition to, it is similar and some functions cross over, but it's a very different product. Did you use a Palm Pilot back in the day? Do you remember Palm Desktop?
    Well, don't get me started on Palm-- how I wish BB would work as well. We'll see about Blend

But does that mean if I load Blend, and find I don't like it, I can revert to Link without hiccups?
    04-27-15 03:36 PM
    Well, don't get me started on Palm-- how I wish BB would work as well. We'll see about Blend

But does that mean if I load Blend, and find I don't like it, I can revert to Link without hiccups?

No you need both.
    04-27-15 03:49 PM
    In the future it might replace BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 04:45 PM
    As mentioned above, no it does not replace Link. You still need Link....Blend is another program.... If you are at your computer or laptop and connect to Blend the dashboard lets you respond and send text, email and BBM on your computer screen and keyboard. Link is for back up etc .... You can however try Blend, then if you don't like it or don't need it....don't turn it on...Link does not need Blend to work. Blend can be deleted. Blend is also able to do file transfers but we find it faster to use other methods and just use Blend as a convenient way to communicate without picking up the device and unlocking it and tapping out a message. You also get an on screen preview bottom right corner of your computer if you get a message...similar to your email on your computer. You can see that and decide if you want to check it then or later... There is no real need to delete it from your system, you probably already have a bunch of programs on your computer you never or hardly ever use and Blend is not a large program. Easier to come back to it if it's already there.
    bzavitz likes this.
    04-28-15 02:43 AM