I am a new Blackberry user and already I am just so frustrated. I tried using the disk that came with my 8330 and now when I click on it the application is just this grey window! The thing is useless. I tried to uninstall and reinstall its the same thing. I've gone to their site and downloaded the Pocket Mac software and that does not work, I tried Missing Sync and still this does not work. They all seem broken.

Is there ANY sync software that works for Mac users? I know I've tried like 3 already and I always get some sort of error message. I can't install apps, I can't sync my contacts, I can't sync iCal events because all the software eventually hangs at the last quarter. Can someone please help me here.. I'm trying to install Opera now that I finally found it and I want to keep my iCal events and contacts all synced together. thanks. OSX.
    Last edited by helo12; 08-13-09 at 11:25 AM.
    08-13-09 04:25 AM
    For Pocketmac did you make sure you installed BOTH parts? Your other option is either bootcamp or one of the virtual programs until September when RIM releases DM for Mac

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 05:35 AM
    jsut get rid of the mac, buy a PC. be much happier.
    08-13-09 09:18 AM
    i don't have the money for all the virus scanners and crap. Mac is what fits my lifestyle so answer the question or log off.
    Last edited by helo12; 08-13-09 at 11:21 AM.
    08-13-09 10:40 AM
    avg free, its all you need
    08-13-09 10:42 AM
    all the current Mac sync options suck! I've tried emall. Butdektop manager for Mac is supposed to be coming soon.

08-13-09 10:46 AM
    Not email them all

08-13-09 10:47 AM
    Mac's are just so user friendly and so easy to use they can't to anything because they are so user friendly and so easy to use. Keep using your proprietory down syndrome software. Or pull your head out and get a pc.
    08-13-09 10:50 AM
    Mac's are just so user friendly and so easy to use they can't to anything because they are so user friendly and so easy to use. Keep using your proprietory down syndrome software. Or pull your head out and get a pc.
    Buy a dictionary.

Thanks to everyone who actually helped. Just wondering can I manually install software like when it is storage device mode or do I HAVE to use some kind of software? I know some apps can be directly downloaded but others like Safari Mini HAS to be on the computer first it seems.
    08-13-09 11:15 AM
    just wait till mid Sept. Blackberry desktop will be release for mac. Dont wast your money on 3part software they're very hit or miss kind of like a pc.
    08-13-09 11:31 AM
    Install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp.
    08-13-09 11:39 AM
    You "just get a PC" people have no idea how stupid you look. Mac users like the OP have actually used Macs for more than 5 minutes and know how awesome OS X is, so you can save this childish tripe for people it may fool.

You know, PC users.
    08-13-09 03:05 PM
    You "just get a PC" people have no idea how stupid you look. Mac users like the OP have actually used Macs for more than 5 minutes and know how awesome OS X is, so you can save this childish tripe for people it may fool.

You know, PC users.

good thing your post didnt come across as you being a complete apple sackrider.

mac is **** in the REAL world.
    08-13-09 07:24 PM
    Buy a dictionary.

Thanks to everyone who actually helped. Just wondering can I manually install software like when it is storage device mode or do I HAVE to use some kind of software? I know some apps can be directly downloaded but others like Safari Mini HAS to be on the computer first it seems.
    i don't have the money for all the virus scanners and crap. Mac is what fits my lifestyle so answer the question or log off.
    You are oh so sweet aren't you? You don't always get the answer that you want, but being rude will get you nowhere!
    08-13-09 07:46 PM
    Yeah I realize Blackberry users are used to Microsoft but seriously you guys sound as bad as the Apple fanboys who just say the same about PCs.

I try not to be a "fanboy" I'm not obsessed over a label or brand myself. I will say I have had A LOT less stress since I got my Mac. I don't have time to keep maintaining my PC like a pet or child because I am in college. I'm sure Windows is nice for those that have the time to invest into it but right now I am not able so it would be nice to get something working on this Blackberry sooner considering classes starts soon.
    Last edited by helo12; 08-14-09 at 11:50 AM.
    08-14-09 11:47 AM
    Yeah I realize Blackberry users are used to Microsoft but seriously you guys sound as bad as the Apple fanboys. I just use what works, I'm not a "fanboy" of either.

But I will say I have had A LOT less stress since I got my Mac. I don't have time to keep maintaining my PC like a pet or child because I am in college. I'm sure Windows is nice for those that have the time to invest into it but right now I am not able so it would be nice to get something working on this Blackberry.
    I know several people who use Boot Camp on their Macs. They can run Windows when they want to use it, and they do not have any issues with it. If you have a Windows XP disc you can install it on your Mac using Boot Camp.
    08-14-09 11:53 AM
    I don't have $250 to blow on a single vista license just to sync a blackberry. I'd have to some how port my contacts and iCal events over to Windows anyway which defeats the entire purpose...
    08-15-09 07:38 PM
    I will never buy a MAC. I keep loosing songs via I tunes, but I knew better and always use windows media as my "default" music location! Apple sucks and yet I still buy from them! What the **** is wrong with ME!! You get 5 computers to use with the songs you purchase!!! then say la vee, you must repurchase!!!!!! Apple, you are the stingiest, greediest, worthless, company to ever grace this planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-15-09 07:45 PM
    I will never buy a MAC. I keep loosing songs via I tunes, but I knew better and always use windows media as my "default" music location! Apple sucks and yet I still buy from them! What the **** is wrong with ME!! You get 5 computers to use with the songs you purchase!!! then say la vee, you must repurchase!!!!!! Apple, you are the stingiest, greediest, worthless, company to ever grace this planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What does this complaint about iTunes on a PC have to do with running Desktop Manager on a Mac?
    08-15-09 07:52 PM
    I don't have $250 to blow on a single vista license just to sync a blackberry. I'd have to some how port my contacts and iCal events over to Windows anyway which defeats the entire purpose...
    You could try Windows 7 RC until August 20 the download is free. Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC): Instructions for Free Download Then use the Boot Camp.
    08-15-09 07:54 PM
    Here's a link that provides instruction on how to use Boot Camp to install Windows 7. Using Boot Camp to install Windows 7 on your Mac: The Complete Walkthrough - Simple Help
    08-15-09 08:15 PM
    They are no longer providing downloads for the software
    08-26-09 03:59 PM
    You love your Mac so much just get an iphone and call it a day
    08-26-09 05:05 PM
    I've used a PC since 1981 and recently switched to Mac. I'm never going back. Love the OS. That being said, BB and Mac's just don't get along. I've tried pocketMac and missingSync. Both would work for a while, then all of a sudden they'ed crap out. I have 11 years of calendar with notes on my BB - left over from Palm and Windows Mobile devices.

I'm waiting for the Mac BB Desktop Manager due in september. I'm not wasting anymore time (or money) trying to sync with Mac until RIM finally owns up to the sync problems.
    08-26-09 05:22 PM
    I know the "Coming in Sept" info came out a few months ago. Is there anything more specific such as an exact date?
    08-26-09 05:50 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD