I am running into the "Desktop Manager wants to downgrade my version of Documents To Go" problem, except I have DM 5.0, and this problem was supposedly fixed in 4.7. The workaround no longer works, because those directories/files to remove don't exist with 5.0. Any suggestions?
    08-02-09 09:30 PM
    I also upgraded to DM 5.0 and went to install another app, when it came time to install I watched closely this time for the DTG removal but it said it wanted to update this time. I let it do it's thing and I still had the "sheets to go" after the update.

Looks as though they have it right this go around.

As far as the directory listing, they have been changed. There is no "Program Files> Common Files > RIM > Shared > Loader Files > "model".
    Last edited by bobkat2500; 08-09-09 at 11:56 PM.
    08-09-09 09:30 PM
    I got around the issue by removing DTG from C:/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/ (OS) all together. I moved them to a new folder just in case i need them for some reason, but it fixed the issue for now....good thing too it was driving me nucking futs.
    08-14-09 08:31 PM
    I also upgraded to DM 5.0 and went to install another app, when it came time to install I watched closely this time for the DTG removal but it said it wanted to update this time. I let it do it's thing and I still had the "sheets to go" after the update.

Looks as though they have it right this go around.

As far as the directory listing, they have been changed. There is no "Program Files> Common Files > RIM > Shared > Loader Files > "model".
    I was having this problem, I went to DTG website and was told to change the alx extension of documentstogo.alx to ".old" to solve the problem. But I thought I would downgrade to DM v4.7, so I decided to re-install v4.7 DM. Well that opened up a whole set of new problems. After re-installing V4.7 it will not launch. I have re-started the computer and tried to re-install DM several times to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
    08-15-09 06:07 AM
    I've also encountered the same problem in that DM V 5.0 wants to downgrade my premium version of Documents To Go.

I found a solution in the blackberry forums.

Use the application loader program named "Loader.exe" located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

/Jallot
    08-25-09 08:43 AM
    I've also encountered the same problem in that DM V 5.0 wants to downgrade my premium version of Documents To Go.

I found a solution in the blackberry forums.

Use the application loader program named "Loader.exe" located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.
    And do what with it? Running loader.exe still doesn't change the fact that the DM thinks it wants to downgrade DocsToGo.
    09-12-09 10:32 PM
    Delete DocumentsToGo.alx from the OS folder... and problem solved. Im running DM 5.0.1 and no problems at all with it, i've been deleting the docstogo alx ever since i got premium. This "Program Files> Common Files > RIM > Shared > Loader Files >" directory model still exists
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-13-09 at 01:16 AM.
    09-13-09 01:14 AM
    Delete DocumentsToGo.alx from the OS folder... and problem solved. Im running DM 5.0.1 and no problems at all with it, i've been deleting the docstogo alx ever since i got premium. This "Program Files> Common Files > RIM > Shared > Loader Files >" directory model still exists
    The file "DocumentsToGo.alx" does not exist on my PC. (I do not have the premium version.)

There is no directory "Shared" in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ on my PC.

I downloaded 5.0.0 B28 English from blackberry.com, and this "Loader.exe" does nothing, except not try to downgrade my DTG.
    09-13-09 04:42 PM
    I found the files at

C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\R ecent

I'm using Vista and a BB Tour. Been having the same probs with DTG. I'm going to try removing it from this directory to see what happens.

(woohoo...my first post)
    09-14-09 01:23 PM
    Well - I give up! I canot find that file anywhere on my system (Vista). I have Desktop Manager 5.
    Luckily I was only trialling the Premium Documents To Go - but it looks like I won't be paying...
    09-18-09 04:48 AM
    I bought the Premium version and upgraded to version 2 on my Blackberry Storm as well. I also tried the Datviz fix on the DoctumentstoNOgo and still no luck. It just keeps asking to downgrade. I have searched my entire computer for the documentstogo.alx file and it is not there. Where is the DM getting the idea to downgrade and then download from the internet? I have unistalled doctoNOgo and the DM and reinstalled but the bug in OS 5 just keeps happening. Is there another fix that may work; anyone?
    11-16-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD