I have my desktop manager downloaded, but am not able to connect fully and access e-mail settings from the main menu. I do not have or use Outlook. Is there anyway to still get the DM to connect to the server without Outlook?? Can it be connected through a different email or something else?
    04-18-10 12:03 AM
    My DM isn't connected with my email. I just downloaded the disc and use it like any other
    04-18-10 12:08 AM
    That is how I have mine set up right now. But I am not able to use the Email Setting icon or it's functions, it is grayed out. Also my server status says "not connected" is there a way I can get full use out of DM without having to use Outlook? Can I have it sync with my google mail?

04-18-10 12:37 AM
    Can I have it sync with my google mail?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't adding a Gmail email account to your BB count? What else are you looking to sync? If you are talking about mail only then I think that's all you need to do. On the other hand, if you are referring to other items like Notes and Tasks then Gmail will not help you. Google doesn't offer note sync but there are alternatives if you don't want to use outlook.
    04-18-10 12:51 AM