I already posted this to RIM's BB Support Forum. I want DM6 back!

Here's the problem as I descibed it:
    Subject: DM 7 cannot handle Outlook "All Day" events in calendar.

"Used to work flawlessly in DM6. DM was set to one-way synch from Outlook to device. A single or recurring event that is designated as "All Day" or "1 Day" in Outlook shows up on the start day AND the following day in the 9780 Calendar application. The events are designated with a start time of 00:00 and an end time of 00:00. When one of these events is opened in the device calendar, it shows as having a duration of "2 Days". DM6 had no problems with "All Day" events. I completely wiped all calendars from the device and forced repopulation of my calendar entries with my Outlook entries. No change. Modifying the "All Day" events in Outlook to, for example, having a duration of 23:30h clears up the double-day entries in the device, but is obviously not a solution to the bug. Essentially, my device calendar is one big, ugly mess right now. Please make DM6 available until this is fixed. Thanks for making my calendar an incomprehensible mess."
    02-15-12 02:40 AM
    I'm having this issue as well.
    Reverted back to last working build of DM, now I can't sync or back up at all...
    02-15-12 12:46 PM
    experienced the same issue. went back to dm 6.1
    02-15-12 01:39 PM
    Same for me, cannot sync. That piece of garbage is stuck on Preparing sync preview for 10 minutes now. Same yesterday when I finally decided to abort.
    02-15-12 01:42 PM
    reposting workaround from another thread (just in case you need need ASAP):
    1. backup your phone data thru the desktop manager (custom backup, address book only)
    2. set one-way sync (to device only, replace device data set to on)
    3. do the sync
    4. restore contacts from the backup
    5. switch two-way sync in the desktop manager
    6. do the sync

Rest of sync items should work in a similar way...
    02-15-12 02:15 PM
    reposting workaround from another thread (just in case you need need ASAP):
    1. backup your phone data thru the desktop manager (custom backup, address book only)
    2. set one-way sync (to device only, replace device data set to on)
    3. do the sync
    4. restore contacts from the backup
    5. switch two-way sync in the desktop manager
    6. do the sync

Rest of sync items should work in a similar way...
    This solved the freezing issue for me. But my all day appointments are still showing up as 2 days in my BlackBerry calendar like OP.
    02-15-12 02:34 PM
    I'm so glad I didn't give in to my "latest and greatest" need to update today!! I learned my lesson on the 7.1 device upgrades from someone on here and that saved me the issues on that end--and after reading the countless threads on the bugs and problems in general with this desktop upgrade, there is no way I'm doing it until it's fixed! There is no reason that RIM should have released this with out fixing these problems! Certainly someone there uses Outlook-heck the whole world does. I know for those of you that have the issues, that this "work-around" seems to have been a fix of sorts for the time being, but seriously! No one should have this issue with a release from RIM themselves! Hopefully they will have a fix soon. Also saw that there were a ton of issues with the intellsync on this update.. That would scare the heck out of me considering I have over 500 contacts and appointments, and run my business from my phone as well as personal use. Good Luck to all of you and hopefully the fix will be soon.
    02-15-12 07:06 PM
    experienced the same issue. went back to dm 6.1 ... well done RIM !!!
    Apple is much closer to me !
    02-16-12 06:52 AM
    I went back to 6.1 also. Interesting thing, now when I check for updates using the ? it tells me I have the latest version. Hope RIM pulled version 7 and is fixing it prior to re-release.
    02-16-12 07:46 AM
    How do you downgrade?
    02-16-12 08:38 AM
    I had the same problem with full days appointments. Went back to 6.1.

experienced the same issue. went back to dm 6.1 ... well done RIM !!!
    Apple is much closer to me !
    Step away from the kool aide!
    02-16-12 10:09 AM
    Weird.

I'm not having this problem, but I have had this happen on previous DM versions right after an update. Even just a build update of the same major version.

I fact, this update went fairly smoothly for me with no problems, no lockups, no nothing... It did an automatic update notice, updated, then updated the syncing method within minutes after I plugged my 9800 in.

This is on a Win XP Pro 64bit machine at work syncing to Outlook '07. I'll find out if things go a bit differently at home under 32bit XP Pro. I have had issues there in the past, but nothing I couldn't work out within a few minutes (usually involved unloading the USB driver and letting it automatically reload it).
    02-16-12 10:53 AM
    Several issues for me as well. Was hung on preview screen forever but after waiting an hour it did sync. Only problem is now i have duplicate entries all over the place and even though i have is set to only sync future entries it keeps pulling things in from as far back as 2010. And I can sync several times in a row, without ever disconnecting and it says it has items to move (the same ones) every time.

DM was working perfectly without fail this morning prior to RIM's "UPDATE"

FAIL! MISERABLE FAIL!!!!

Did they even bother to try and test this release? Wow I can hardly wait for Playbook 2.0 now. With the example they just set that should be fun as well. I can hardly wait to loose another day or two of productivity fighting buggy, untested and ill-functioning software.

FUN!

Oh, and just for reference this is running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with Outlook 2010 and syncing to Torch 9850.
    Last edited by ff1520; 02-16-12 at 05:26 PM.
    02-16-12 05:16 PM
    How do you downgrade?
    LOL... I want to know this too. GOt the right file, just can't trick Win7 into realizing that BBDM7 is gone.

Won't let me install it. Been thru the forking registry 3 times now. I'll try to call RIM tomorrow and find the trick.
    02-16-12 06:18 PM
    Add/Remove programs (Programs and Features in Win7) - select Desktop Manager and choose the remove option. Do not save any options. If you want you can reboot when finished. Worked everytime for me.
    02-16-12 07:17 PM
    So on a scale of 1-10, i think i would say that this first majpr software upgrade and release under the command of new CEO 'Thor' is at best a -5.

So much for 'CHANGE'..... Only hope for a real indicator of change is how this SNAFU is handled. A quick resolution to the problem and some real communication to the consumer would be a nice change.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-16-12 08:07 PM
    Is it possible that this DM7 issues is due to syncing to phones with 7.1 OS.
    My 9900 is still on 7.0 (.503). Am going to try the latest 7.1 leak and wondering now whether I should revert to DM6...

Edit: Just to add, I upgraded to DM7 yesterday and have no syncing issues with my current 9900 7.0(.503) OS
    Last edited by zack777es; 02-16-12 at 10:09 PM.
    02-16-12 10:01 PM
    LOL... I want to know this too. GOt the right file, just can't trick Win7 into realizing that BBDM7 is gone.

Won't let me install it. Been thru the forking registry 3 times now. I'll try to call RIM tomorrow and find the trick.
    I had trouble with that as well.
    I checked to make sure it was closed (open DM, open task manager, kill process tree)
    Used CCleaner to delete it Download CCleaner 3.15.1643 - FileHippo.com
    reboot
    install DM 6.1 BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BlackBerry) - Download
    02-16-12 11:26 PM
    My 9900 is still on 7.0 (.503). Am going to try the latest 7.1 leak and wondering now whether I should revert to DM6...

Edit: Just to add, I upgraded to DM7 yesterday and have no syncing issues with my current 9900 7.0(.503) OS
    There are people with OS 6 phones reporting the same kinds of problems. So it's not the phone OS.

I'm not having any issues, but there are others running the same build of OS 6 as I am who are having problems.

What amazes me is that DM 7 has been in beta for quite some time, and this stuff is only popping up now?
    02-17-12 08:38 AM

My phone has 7.1. I do not have this issue.
    02-17-12 07:35 PM
    I had the same problem. More fun and games and time wasted thanks to RIM. If the forthcoming PB upgrade does not go flawlessly I am sure my office will be leaving RIM...after many loyal years. What a shame.
    02-18-12 11:41 AM
    Hmmmm, and here I was expecting to see an update / "HOT FIX" for BBDM first thing this morning when I fired up the computer....strange.....can't seem to find it anywhere.

HELLO RIM....any news....are we fixing release 7 so sync works?
    02-20-12 01:46 PM

HELLO RIM....any news....are we fixing release 7 so sync works?
    I seriously doubt RIM will see your question here.
    Why don't you try their support page instead??

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Contact Research In Motion (RIM)
    02-20-12 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah, been through the support page already, posted here more for the purpose of venting than anything.
    02-20-12 02:04 PM
    Several issues for me as well. Was hung on preview screen forever but after waiting an hour it did sync. Only problem is now i have duplicate entries all over the place and even though i have is set to only sync future entries it keeps pulling things in from as far back as 2010. And I can sync several times in a row, without ever disconnecting and it says it has items to move (the same ones) every time.

DM was working perfectly without fail this morning prior to RIM's "UPDATE"

FAIL! MISERABLE FAIL!!!!
    Exactly the same issues here, with 32 bit Vista Ultimate. These problems have come up before with previous builds.

What gets me is I didn't go out looking for a beta to test. DM suggested the 'upgrade.' Time to turn off automatic update check.
    02-20-12 02:13 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD