I someone else HAS to be having this issue also, but having looked through several pages in the forum, plus tried a search, I can not find a post like it, so here goes.

When I was using DM5, I could sync up my Outlook Calendar without any issues. However, once I began using DM6, whenever I do a sync it tries to delete all of my events from Outlook ONLY past 6 months. As I use my calenar for records to be reviewed at the end of the year, you can see how this would be problematic.

I have checked, rechecked, and then checked again, my settings on both the DM and my Tour. For the record, the DM is set to sync both ways, all records. And thye Tour is set to keep records forever. As far as I can tell, all my settings are the same between DM5 (with no issues) and DM6.

Anybody have any ideas? I love the layout for DM6, but if this issue persists, I am going to have to go backwards, if I can, and re-install DM5. I can potentially lose some very important records with what is happening.

Thanks to all in advance . . .
    09-05-10 02:16 PM
    I am gonna give this a bump in hopes someone can answer the question.

Thanks . . .
    09-06-10 09:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem. My sync keeps crashing at the end with the message "operation terminated unexpectedly." Running Windows 7 (64 but) and Outlook 2007. I've reinstalled DM6 a couple of times.
    09-09-10 09:02 AM
    Well, just to add on this... When I was using DM5 with my Outlook 2007, my calender were sync... But when I upgraded to DM6, I find my calender data on my device remains the same eventho there were changes in the Outlook calender. So I go thru the DM6 and found this....

It seems like the Calender option is not installed and when I tried to do the setup, it doesn't respond.. Guys faced the same thing?

I am using version 6.0.1.18
    Released Dec 6, Bundle 21
    12-30-10 10:29 AM
    I thought I had responded to this post a long time ago, but evidently I did not - my apologies for the oversight.

And to answer my original post:
    I found the answer/solution to my issue after several more days of searching different forums around the net. Turns out the issue is NOT with the BlackBerry or the DM, but with Outlook. If "Auto-archive" is turned on and active in Outlook, it will delete everything over 6 months or so out of your calendar and archive the record in a separate file. Maybe worth doing in a corporate setting, but not for me personally. When I 'unchecked" the box for auto-archive, all my issues went away.

I have not checked to see if I could recover that information archived prior to my figuring this out, so I am not sure at this point if I can/how to recover that data. Working on that next month when it is time to start figuring out how much Uncle Sam gets.
    12-30-10 10:42 AM
    Blackfeet,

Glad to know you solve your problems...

BTW, just to check with you... Is your DM6 Organizer window is the same as whats in my picture? I find it amusing that the calender option is not installed since thats what smartphones are for. I went thru Blackberry and some other forums, apparently, no one seems to be having any issues.
    12-30-10 04:40 PM
    Blackfeet,
    BTW, just to check with you... Is your DM6 Organizer window is the same as whats in my picture? I find it amusing that the calender option is not installed since thats what smartphones are for. I went thru Blackberry and some other forums, apparently, no one seems to be having any issues.
    No - mine looks like this:

I did a quick check through the threads and found this. Perhaps the steps outlined will help you. I never had trouble with the DM working with Outlook 2007, and I am on Vista Home 32-bit.
    Last edited by Blackfeet; 12-30-10 at 09:45 PM.
    12-30-10 09:41 PM
    Blackfeet,

Thanks for the heads up. Tried that and it doesn't work. Guess I just have to do it the manual way till RIM came up with a better update for the DM6... Ironically, it is supposed to be a smartphone..

Thanks again, and happy new year!
    01-04-11 12:59 PM
    Hey - and this is just a thought - did you go into Organizer|Configure Settings and try to configure your "organizer". Once you get into the settings, there are several calendaring options listed, including Outlook.
    01-04-11 07:53 PM
    When you go into setup there should be an option for Calendar date range to sync:
    Transfer all scheduled items
    Transfer only future items
    Transfer items within a range of dates

Did you try adjusting that?
    01-04-11 08:01 PM
    Well, just to add on this... When I was using DM5 with my Outlook 2007, my calender were sync... But when I upgraded to DM6, I find my calender data on my device remains the same eventho there were changes in the Outlook calender. So I go thru the DM6 and found this....

It seems like the Calender option is not installed and when I tried to do the setup, it doesn't respond.. Guys faced the same thing?

I am using version 6.0.1.18
    Released Dec 6, Bundle 21
    I am having the EXACT same issue. I just upgraded to OS6 and with it I downloaded the new Desktop Software V6.01. Contacts sync without issue, but it says my caledar is not installed. Obviously my calendar is there on my 9650. I use it everyday. For some reason the software doesn't see it.

Verizon Bold 9650
    OS 6.0.0.415
    Win7Pro64
    Office 2010
    Last edited by jonheld; 01-10-11 at 12:06 PM. Reason: More info
    01-10-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD