Hope someone can help . . .

I wanted a true "push" email so I just created a new email address through Gmail, works great. Prior to this, I had a time warner/roadrunner address and I used Desktop Manager to sync my contacts and calendar with my computer (Outlook 2007).

I'm now unsure how to sync my newly created Gmail contacts and calendar. I downloaded the new DM6.

If I sync Gmail contacts and calendar with DM6, will I have "duplicate" contacts and calendar on my BB? (I dont want duplicate entries).

Should I delete my Outlook contacts and calendar completely to avoid this?

Should I download Google Sync for my future "syncing"? (do I need Google Sync if I backup & sync through DM6?)

Hope this makes sense. I basically want my BB to sync my new Gmail contacts and calendar only and dont want a bunch of duplicate entries from my outlook (which I dont care to use anymore)

thanks
    08-16-10 08:35 AM
    I would suggest just sync everything with google. The nice thing is if you happen to get a double entry on a contact, you can "merge" the contacts in your google account which will adjust accordingly on your phone... Personal opinion would be to ditch DM6 and outlook all together.

Good luck!
    08-16-10 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD