I'm getting my Tour on Friday and wonder which version of the desktop manager works the best with Vista Home Premium 64bit OS? When I was in the Sprint store on Sunday, their date codes on the new phones were 090909 so not sure if the CD will have the newest version on it or not. Thanks for your help!!
    09-28-09 11:28 PM
    just dowload 5.0 from the blackberry website.

I bought a tour too and installed the cd it came with it, and my dm works fine. I also run vista 64 on my laptop, sooo you'll be fine
    09-29-09 12:06 AM
    I recommend the version without Roxio. Roxio is a POS anyway. All it did was slow down my PC (Vista 64). I uninstalled DM and reinstalled the version without Roxio. It is easier to just drag and drop media files using Windows Explorer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 12:58 AM
    Thanks for the help... looks like I'll be using the DM with out Roxio,, Vista has enough quirks with out adding to it...lol. I have one more question, can my CSV files (contacts) be imported into the DM with out using MS Outlook? I don't use outlook, I am using only Windows Mail that came with Vista. I do have Mobile Sync with my Instinct through Sprint, but not sure if that works with a BB Tour. Thanks again of your help.
    09-29-09 10:21 AM
    I downloaded the English version with Media Manager and when I tried to set it up, I got a dialog box that said I couldn't since my Toshiba laptop with Vista 64 was not compatible. I'm downloading the English version without media manager now and I guess I'll find out in about 30 minutes whether or not that one works. I just got a new Tour and the User Tools disk would not load on my Vista 64 Toshiba laptop.
    09-29-09 09:42 PM
    I downloaded the English version with Media Manager and when I tried to set it up, I got a dialog box that said I couldn't since my Toshiba laptop with Vista 64 was not compatible. I'm downloading the English version without media manager now and I guess I'll find out in about 30 minutes whether or not that one works. I just got a new Tour and the User Tools disk would not load on my Vista 64 Toshiba laptop.
    I have an HP laptop with Vista 64. The CD-ROM I got with my Bold was incompatible. I downloaded DM without Roxio from RIM's Web site. I had no issues.
    09-29-09 09:45 PM
    I have an HP laptop with Vista 64. The CD-ROM I got with my Bold was incompatible. I downloaded DM without Roxio from RIM's Web site. I had no issues.
    I was going to download DM 5.0 with no media manager today, but I wasn't sure if I had to also download the USB drivers etc? Is that necessary or does Vista already have the USB drivers?
    09-29-09 10:40 PM
    I was going to download DM 5.0 with no media manager today, but I wasn't sure if I had to also download the USB drivers etc? Is that necessary or does Vista already have the USB drivers?
    If you need drivers, you should get a "found new hardware" popup. Then the drivers will automatically install. I had no issues with the drivers.
    09-29-09 10:46 PM
    If you need drivers, you should get a "found new hardware" popup. Then the drivers will automatically install. I had no issues with the drivers.
    Great,, thank you.
    09-29-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD