Was a good netizen and have already searched.

With my previous 8830 and DM 4.2, which I'm still using now with my Tour 9630, sync was fast, 6 months of calendering and about 2000 contacts, around 60 seconds or less. I'm using an older spec'd WinXP desktop for my Outlook and BB DM, networked with my main computer; want to keep the email/sync apps on a separate computer from my mission critical computer.

With my previous Storm and DM 4.7, sync seemed really slow, took what seem minutes.

DM 4.7 and its new GUI and features is something I do want to use, since 4.2 is limiting with my current Tour, though sync is very fast.

Does DM 5.0 provide faster syncing? Folks with 2000 or so contacts and heavy calendering, how much time does it typically take you to sync with DM 5?

TIA
    09-02-09 01:00 PM
    I use DM v.5.0, and for me, at least, it is a stable and solid performer. However, every subsequent version of Desktop Manager seems slower than the previous.....
    09-02-09 01:32 PM
    I use DM v.5.0, and for me, at least, it is a stable and solid performer. However, every subsequent version of Desktop Manager seems slower than the previous.....
    Thanks for your f/b.
    About how long does it take for you to sync, and about how many contacts and months of calendering do you have?

I just made a change in contact (over 2000) and added a calendar item. My Tour and DM 4.2 took about 20 seconds or so to complete a sync.

TIA
    09-02-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD