No matter what i do. My DM remains disconnected. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and im just plain out of ideas. Can someone plz help.
    08-11-09 08:16 PM
    Right click on My Computer, go to manage, Device Manager, note if there is anything with a yellow escalamation point on it - your computer may not be fully installing the drivers for your phone. What version of DM are you running and what is the OS version on your BB?
    08-25-09 09:02 AM
    I have the same issue- laptop wont recognise BB storm, just says Disconnected!

So frustrating!!!
    08-26-09 07:16 AM
    Can't insert hyperlinks yet - still noob status.
    Same issue here; look for thread in this forum called:
    "Desktop Manager says Disconnected, help!"
    It's obviously not just YOU!
    08-30-09 07:21 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your pc? I had the same issue last night while upgrading my O/S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 07:27 PM
    Thanks, I have. Each time the DM is re-installed, it asks whether you want to reboot now.
    Been 'bootin' so much I'm gonna need new straps.
    FWIW, the BB OS is v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181). But I hardly think minor rev's are gonna fix this. Prolly something more direct.
    But I'm just guessin'...
    08-30-09 07:37 PM
    UPDATE: I've been using my laptop running Vista Premium while having these problems with DM 4.7 AND 5.0. Just installed DM 5.0 on my WinXP Pro desktop, and it's seamless. Looks like compatibility with Vista may be the root cause.
    That's too bad, since Vista was the "current Win OS" when Storm blew in....
    08-30-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD