I've searched this and other forums for a solution with no luck.

When attempting to sync with my yahoo address book and calendar, I receive an error message "Your computer must be connected to the Internet to perform this operation."

My desktop OS is Windows XP with all applicable service packs. I've turned off my firewall, Windows defender, and disabled Norton.

The issue initially arose with DM v4.7. Since then I've tried upgrading to 5.0 and downgrading to 4.3 without success.

I'm connected to the internet via. router. I've tried different adjustments with the connections tab under internet options, but the only LAN setting that gives my computer ANY internet access is with automatic configuration.

Am I missing something? I'm rather frustrated.
    09-18-09 07:50 PM
    I'm having the same problem with DM5.0. I've tried installing Vcast, disabling firewalls, and modifying the registry with no results. I'm not sure what the issue is. I have it installed on my desktop with no issues, but my laptop is where I can't get it to sync up. Desktop is running XP Home and laptop is running XP Pro. No other real differences.
    09-29-09 05:23 PM
    bump..

anyone find a resolution to this
    10-23-09 02:00 PM
    finally, other people having the exact same problem. on my desktop it connected fine. now that i exclusively use my laptop i need it to work on here. i too am connected wireless using a surfboard sb900. i use vista home premium and everything else connects fine. also, has anyone found that when they install roxio media manager that it takes forever to connect to the wireless signal? any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
    10-26-09 03:36 AM
    I have a BBerry Curve 8330, and connect to a simple Windows PC with Windows XP. I had my curve for months before deciding to utilize the DM.
    I was unable to connect to the DM. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, but evidently my Berry did not tolerate the process and crashed. The Verizon IT person was going to just give me a new phone, just like that, but I asked
    him to tell me what happened instead. He took my phone, upgraded to the latest version, reloaded the std. apps. and gave my phone back to me sans my contacts. There's no saving that. The DM is not user friendly - it even saves your contacts within an IDP file extension, the likes of which you cannot crack unless you spend $$ to buy software to do it. I won't use the DM because of the complications with it - that all of us have come across. NO one seems to be able to clarify or give the straight dope on how to overcome this. I'm watching for an answer as well. I still like my Berry & have owned it for nearly a year.
    12-05-09 10:37 PM
    i have same problem. all problems no solutions
    04-04-10 10:58 AM
    I have an 8900 curve and have been searching and fixing and the whole bit till just a bit ago. I am on Windows XP SP3 and completely uninstalled all DM software and went to the BB site and downloaded an earlier version by my carrier which is DM 4.6 was still having the same issues without the error 1904 popping up after install, just the needs interent to sync bit. Went ahead and followed the information put forth in the following thread
    BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > General BlackBerry Discussion > BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ
    How to fix Desktop Manager Error 1904 consisting of doing the SubInAcl tool to registering the .dlls was still having the same problem. Followed the thread further to a posting by Berry Sue page 3 post 43 where she states,

This is fixed with a small registry change:

1) In Vista click on the start globe and in the search box type regedit and hit enter go to the following registry key:

2) Go to the following registry key:
    HKey_Current_User/Software/Research in Motion/Blackberry

3) Click on the Synchronize folder and you should see a subfolder labled 0x24b0e298

4) click that key and on the right side of the page you will see several entries, right click the item labeled "STATE" and hit modify

5) Change it to "0" (Zero) without the quotes, from what ever it was set at (mine was a 6)

6) Close the registry and reboot.

You should be able to sychronize... it worked for me!

I didn't see a subfolder with the same label but after I click the sync folder a folder showing my BB pin comes up and in the right window there is a line that has state a bunch of zeros and the value was set at 6 I changed it to 0 like she recommended exited and rebooted my computer. Ran it all up and now I am in the middle of fixing duplicate entires cause I was just plain excited and having the dang thing work lol. I have not upgraded to a newer dm version yet as I didn't want to burst my bubble considering none of the DMs have let me sync new or old thus far. That will be on the agenda in a day or two. Wish I had more up to date info for the newer versions but I haven't made it that far yet I do hope this has helped.
    And thanks to all the prior posters following your information did work for me I just had to apply all of it!!
    04-04-10 06:34 PM
    I think i am running the most current version (5.0.1?) nothing in the registry that looks similar to that unfort....
    04-05-10 08:46 AM
    bump please
    04-27-10 04:54 PM
    bump bump bump
    05-06-10 09:42 PM
    still not solved
    05-25-10 08:50 AM
    I'm using XP and at first I looked in Add/Remove Programs and didn't see any firewall programs installed. Then check out services to find out McAfee firewall was running then disabled it and all DM worked.
    05-28-10 01:40 AM
    Went through just about everything and this is what finally fixed the issue for me!
    kb813444

The first five steps were all i needed I think in the end re-registering the dll's did the job but not 100% on it.
    06-01-10 04:23 PM
    i have this same problem
    Windows 7
    BB Curve 8330
    DM version 5.0 with service pack
    OS4.5
    I can open DM and can use the media manager, but cannot sync or even set up the sync because it pops up and tells me that i am not connected to the internet. (but i totally am)
    06-02-10 09:11 AM
    i have this same problem
    Windows 7
    BB Curve 8330
    DM version 5.0 with service pack
    OS4.5
    I can open DM and can use the media manager, but cannot sync or even set up the sync because it pops up and tells me that i am not connected to the internet. (but i totally am)
    have you tried the fix that i posted? If so, did you go through each step?
    06-04-10 09:47 AM
    have you tried the fix that i posted? If so, did you go through each step?
    I have the same problem and tried your fix. It didn't change anything.
    06-13-10 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD