02-09-10 08:30 PM
34 12
tools
    This is frustrating.

I've decided to sync with Outlook in the interim. (I'd migrate to Gmail as the contact sync is glorious on OS 5.0, but i can't stand the one-way sync of emails.)

I have a feeling that a cause for this bug may be due to Yahoo revamping it's Address Book program. One situation I've encountered that may suggest this is the inability to import outlook CSV's.

I've tried several times to import various CSV files (exported from Outlook) but to no avail. At the end of the operation, Yahoo displays: "Successfully uploaded 0 contacts". There are 134 in that file........

I know this may be alittle off topic, but can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks,

Alex
    02-06-10 02:21 AM
    Has anyone tried it lately... is it working?
    02-06-10 03:25 PM
    not working. i saved the vcf file on my pc. what do i do with it?
    02-06-10 06:45 PM
    Yahoo address book import only takes CSVs.

I gave up on Yahoo today and migrated to Gmail.
    I'm really enjoying the OTA address book syncing achieve with Google Sync or the Sync Contacts feature in BIS (requires 5.0 OS to work).

Although I love the two-way email sync of Yahoo...this contact list fiasco is too much for my OCD. I need my contacts to sync. In light of the recent rumour of BIS 3.0 supporting two-way email sync for Gmail, i took it as a sign and just gave up on Yahoo.

A
    02-06-10 10:41 PM
    Sync with Desktop Manager has been fixed!
    I just sync'd my device.

According to Yahoo tech support, they were performing some maintenance work.
    02-08-10 11:47 PM
    yes. i just sync'd my stuff. it is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-09-10 12:26 AM
    Mine is working again also, finally.
    02-09-10 03:06 PM
    Yahoo Address book sync'd up today. I'm not sure when it was fixed but I am happy it's finally working.
    02-09-10 07:00 PM
    Sync with Desktop Manager has been fixed!
    I just sync'd my device.

According to Yahoo tech support, they were performing some maintenance work.
    Thanks Crackberry community.

My wife just commented (she has the Bold 9000 also) that "Yahoo was blaming BB after I sent them some complaints. I wish they'd just leave well enough alone."

Can't agree more.
    02-09-10 08:30 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD