Hi,

I have tried many many times to upgrade my Torch 9810 to OS 7.1 but i can't because DM keeps freezing at the "smart card options" part. I've left it on for like 10 hours and nothing. I can do a backup if i use the custom method and untick "social feeds". It backs up in no time.

My question is if i do the custom method for backup, then upgrade to 7.1 without making a backup. Once it is done can i just restore the custom one i made before? Will all my info be there? Including third party apps? Or do i have to use BBSAK for the third party apps and the DM custom for contacts/messages etc. Or is there another progam i should use

I'm still relatively new to all this and this is my first time installing a new OS. I'm so very confused right now with all this. If DM wouldn't freeze I'd be fine but it does it every time. I love my BB I just don't want to mess it up and not be able to restore my stuff.
    If this question has been asked before i apologize, I couldn't find the answer to it.

Thanx a lot for your time & help
    R.
    03-18-12 11:46 AM
    Open Desktop->delete data->selective amd check off "smart card options" then delete them. Should repair the problem.

If you want to properly backup your 3rd party apps.....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...updated-53201/
    03-18-12 11:59 AM
    Thanx. I tried the Desktop->delete data->selective and check off "smart card options" method and it still does the exact same thing, freezes on "smart card options".

How about if i try deleting the social feeds option?
    03-18-12 12:33 PM
    OMG!

It actually worked. I'm amazed. I deleted BOTH "Smart Card Options" & "Social Feeds", now its doing a full backup (not custom, but full) as I'm typing this.

One more question then I promise I will leave you all alone. When i use apploader to install the new OS will it migrate all of my data & applications with it to the new OS?

Thanx SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE HELP
    R.
    Last edited by xtreme469; 03-18-12 at 01:25 PM.
    03-18-12 12:46 PM
    Yep, try that too. Otherwise, you can do the 3rd party backup and database backup, wipe then selectively restore after.
    03-18-12 12:47 PM
    Just be sure to check-off for it to backup and restore personal data and 3rd party apps. You'll be good to go.

Woot for you!
    03-18-12 12:50 PM
    And if you have problems retrieving data from your backup, just to let you know that you can use anytime the BlackBerry Backup Extractor to recover data from your backup and then if you want just import it back to your phone.
    03-23-12 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD