03-11-12 10:36 AM
115 1234 ...
tools
    same thing for me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    02-15-12 09:41 AM
    Same for me. Hangs even after delete and one direction sync. on the next bi-directional sync. Come on RIM get it right.....
    02-15-12 09:45 AM
    Had the same problem and got around it.

Change the sync settings for the organizer to do one way from desktop to device. I use calendar, tasks, contacts and memo.

Did the one way sync replacing all device data.

Then changed organizer setting back to two sync.

Entered a new calendar entry on the device and the desktop and did a sync. All works fine now.

Also had the "Requires Visual C++ Redistributable software . . . " issue which was fixed with a quick download from Microsoft.

Hope this helps you.

David
    maxknux likes this.
    02-15-12 09:54 AM
    Super it does work but shame we have to jump through these hoops to make it work.
    02-15-12 09:57 AM
    I am looking for some official word from RIM on this acknowledging that there is a problem and an expected time for a fix. I DO NOT want to read about this in the Toronto Star as their daily RIM sucks story.
    Last edited by tekware; 02-15-12 at 03:42 PM.
    02-15-12 10:34 AM
    Tried one way sync on my 9930 still hangs up !!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-15-12 10:43 AM
    I'm tearing my hair out with this - I'm not particularly astute with technology and every time I open the new version it goes straight into sync mode and I don't even get the opportunity to change any of the settings - can someone tell me where I'm going wrong please? I can't even find a link to download the last version and I rely on my Torch so
    much within my business and without syncing it to Outlook I'm in dire straits.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks ...

Faz
    02-15-12 10:43 AM
    I too have done a delete device data, one way, then it fails on two way. I am on Lotus Notes. Should NOT matter. RIM fails again.
    02-15-12 11:06 AM
    I've just managed to sync bold 9700 to manager 7.0.0.43. Outlook to device one way on all headings, overwrite device. then a both way sync. It worked
    Chris Bishop
    Thanks guys I got it work by following this advice. I did a one way sync then went back to two way sync. It now works perfectly.

Doing the backup it still hangs a bit on Backing up Smart Card Options but it eventually works.

I notice that the back up is saved with a new file extension called .bbb

Interesting so my past backups don't work? I am not concerned if the older one does not work once I made a recent one with the new file extension.
    02-15-12 11:06 AM
    How did you manage to change to one way sync? Mine just starts syncing as soon as it's connected and then hangs - I get no opportunity to change settings or even backup...
    Last edited by wildwitch101; 02-15-12 at 11:56 AM.
    02-15-12 11:50 AM
    How did you manage to change to one way sync? Mine just starts syncing as soon as it's connected and then hangs - I get no opportunity to change settings or even backup...
    My Settings are not set to auto sync once connected.

My advice is once the sync starts hit the cancel button to exit out of it.
    02-15-12 12:05 PM
    I have now tried deleting my Lotus Notes contacts and doing a one way synch from the 9930 to the computer. That did indeed work. BUT no luck with a follow on two way synch. It fails again.
    02-15-12 12:18 PM
    Thanks - tho hitting the cancel button also causes it to freeze...Grrrrrrrrrrr. I am so frustrated.
    02-15-12 12:19 PM
    When phone is not hooked to your computer, open DTS and click on Tools. Under tools click on "desktop options" and then uncheck "start Desktop when device is connected".

I backed up my phone to the new DTS with no problem. It did hang for a while on the "preview" thing, but then came up with a list of conflicts that I chose not to sync (I unchecked the do this everytime box). I do have my sync set to two way. Everything syncs fine for organizer now.
    02-15-12 12:27 PM
    Tried one way sync - that worked. Then switched back to two-way sync, and it hung up (again) on the "preparing sync preview." It would be nice for an update to actually work when received. Been a Berry stalwart for years, but the hassle factor just keeps getting worse and worse.
    02-15-12 12:32 PM
    It did work for me (deleting info from device and setting one way), but now all my birthdays show up on 2 days. I have to manually open each one and uncheck "all day".
    02-15-12 12:38 PM
    Alas, it's working, but it's allowing so many duplicates that I'm going backwards to the last known working program.

good luck all
    02-15-12 12:52 PM
    Success with 6.02 - thanks rim for another poorly executed upgrade.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-15-12 12:57 PM
    Roll back to previous version as there seems to be something amiss, wait a few days, then try again when feedback from this site is positive.
    I had to do a system restore in the end to undo it, this recked my virus definitions so I put that right, then the new DM software had removed the old sync software so I had to repair with a copy of DM 6.1 I then had to reset my organiser settings. Now it works fine again.
    Hope it helps
    This has completely messed up my computer as far as syncing goes! Couldn't find the previous version so I tried a system restore but now the syncing give the An unknown error has occured" message, VERY HELPFUL!

Any idea where the previous version of Desktop Software can be gotten from?

Mike
    02-15-12 01:38 PM
    get it here - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

This has completely messed up my computer as far as syncing goes! Couldn't find the previous version so I tried a system restore but now the syncing give the An unknown error has occured" message, VERY HELPFUL!

Any idea where the previous version of Desktop Software can be gotten from?

Mike
    02-15-12 01:55 PM
    that only has links to 7.0

02-15-12 02:03 PM
    Hours of fiddling around with this have taken me from one bizarre result to another.

I didn't want to delete data from my device, and so on, so I uninstalled DM7 and reinstalled DM6. DM6 wouldn't recognize my 9780, so after restarting computer a couple of times with no help I did a battery pull, and all was well.

Or so I thought.

Somehow one of the install/uninstalls of DM7/6 resulted in my device software being deleted from my computer. Even older versions of my BB OS were deleted. Unbelievable.

I haven't checked stock prices, but is this what RIM looks like under their "new" CEO???

m
    02-15-12 02:38 PM
    All that gives me is different language versions of the same version of DM.
    02-15-12 02:50 PM
    Where the heck can we get DM 6.1??????????
    02-15-12 03:03 PM
    Previous versions of DM aren't avaialble from RIM anymore.

Here is the latest version of 6.1 I could find on the interwebs. Download BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0 B38 Free - Sync your BlackBerry smartphone with your PC - Softpedia

I have installed it. Works fine.

Alex

Where the heck can we get DM 6.1??????????
    DIA.NSA.CIA and hubermania like this.
    02-15-12 03:32 PM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD