11-13-10 11:01 PM
29 12
tools
    I inbstalled the update for 6.0.0.43 (bundle 47) and now DM will not recognize my device at all. Anyone have any suggestions??

PS: Does RIM actually test their software before it is released? There always seems to be something, and frequently something obvious, that doesn't work.
    I'm having the same problem - even after many un- and re-installs. I'm ready to pull out my hair.
    09-22-10 10:40 PM
    Ok, not sure why some of you (thinking of Smmrgrl's response above) are having this problem. Just wondering though. Smmr, have you done a COMPLETE uninstall of the existing DM (if on a PC, using Add/Remove Programs) from your computer? Then, download the latest DM from Blackberry's site and installing it? That has all worked simply fine for me. Are you using Windows? If so, which version (XP, Vista, 7)? Perhaps you might need, after downloading the install file to your desktop, to turn off your Anti-Virus program (which can sometimes block certain installation features), INCLUDING the Windows built in firewall/anti-virus features.

Finally, have you contacted VZW Tech Support to walk you through the process? The can sometimes be quite helpful and better to share the pain and get it done correctly, than suffering on your own and dealing with all that frustration.

For some odd reason, my problem of the "Last Synch Date/Time" not updating has resolved itself. Not sure why, I know it was nothing I did, lol!
    09-23-10 01:56 PM
    Ok, not sure why some of you (thinking of Smmrgrl's response above) are having this problem. Just wondering though. Smmr, have you done a COMPLETE uninstall of the existing DM (if on a PC, using Add/Remove Programs) from your computer? Then, download the latest DM from Blackberry's site and installing it? That has all worked simply fine for me. Are you using Windows? If so, which version (XP, Vista, 7)? Perhaps you might need, after downloading the install file to your desktop, to turn off your Anti-Virus program (which can sometimes block certain installation features), INCLUDING the Windows built in firewall/anti-virus features.

Finally, have you contacted VZW Tech Support to walk you through the process? The can sometimes be quite helpful and better to share the pain and get it done correctly, than suffering on your own and dealing with all that frustration.

For some odd reason, my problem of the "Last Synch Date/Time" not updating has resolved itself. Not sure why, I know it was nothing I did, lol!
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I've been out of town and not following the forums. Yes, I have done the complete un- and re-install after having turned off any anti-virus programs. I have Windows 7.

Maybe I will have to call Verizon, but really didn't think it would do any good, as I thought they would tell me it's a RIM issue, and not a Verizon issue.

BTW, I had to get a new Storm2 (long story), and tonight I got further in the process than I ever had previously. DM picked up on the new PIN and started doing the backup and whatnot, but when it came time to sync my address book, it read all the entries but then the screen grayed out and I got the message that DM had encountered an error and would now close.

For now, I'm just syncing my calendar and address book via MiQ.

I'll tackle this again when it's cold and raining outside and I have nothing else to do.

Thanks for your input, tho.
    10-05-10 09:54 PM
    I don't understand this new DM. I must've been using a much older version. Why doesn't it see my music or my ringtones? How am I supposed to make ringtones now? And under Sync, Music, it only shows one folder with 3 sample songs. Why aren't the songs or ringtones on my Storm showing up? And why isn't this telling me what folder it's syncing to and/or from? I tried syncing my music just to see where it would go. It's on my phone but not on the computer. I'm ready to throw out this phone. I'm terrified to try to sync up with MS Outlook. This phone isn't much help right now.
    11-13-10 11:01 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD