Not sure if this was posted anyplace else, but I just got a pop-up on my computer that an update to DM 6 is available. It's 6.0.0.47. I just downloaded and it's installing as I type.
    09-09-10 12:58 PM
    Not sure if this was posted anyplace else, but I just got a pop-up on my computer that an update to DM 6 is available. It's 6.0.0.47. I just downloaded and it's installing as I type.
    Yep! Just got it too.
    09-09-10 01:08 PM
    Hmm actually, I just updated it... and when you click on the top right corner of DM where the [?] is then go to About, it says Bundle 47 but version 6.0.0.43

Anyone else?
    09-09-10 01:16 PM
    Hmm actually, I just updated it... and when you click on the top right corner of DM where the [?] is then go to About, it says Bundle 47 but version 6.0.0.43

Anyone else?
    Mine does too. The Release Date is August 25, 2010.
    09-09-10 01:31 PM
    Mine does too. The Release Date is August 25, 2010.
    Yeah, same... lolllll
    09-09-10 01:38 PM
    What does the update fix ?
    This thread will probably be moved to -- bizarrely enough -- the Desktop Manager subforum, where I just posted this list of issues that have been fixed or closed from bundle 42 to bundle 47:

Security
    DT 746952 The BlackBerry Desktop Software might have allowed insecure library loading under certain circumstances. For complete details, see KB24242.

Bluetooth Connection
    DT 758189 The Tools > Add a Bluetooth device menu option was dimmed when you are already connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Software with a Bluetooth� device.

Email
    DT 805159 You could not configure your email account with the BlackBerry Desktop Software and Microsoft� Outlook� 2002.

Mobile Internet
    DT 796742 You could not type a user name and password for an existing profile that allows this information.

Media
    DT 774101 When you synchronized Windows Media� Player playlists using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0, playlists that you previously synced using BlackBerry Media Sync 2.0 might have been duplicated on your device. Playlists that you synced using BlackBerry Media Sync 2.0 did also not appear selected when you sync using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.

DT 767058 In some cases, when you attempted to sync video files over 1.5 gigabytes in size, the sync was not completed.

DT 747783 If you disconnected your device after clicking Sync All, the synchronization didn't stop immediately and it eventually failed with the following message: Some files were not synced.

DT 728916 If the size of the BlackBerry Desktop Software screen had been minimized, you could not select the last item in the video or music lists.

Music
    DT 758713 In the Music view, the text was cut off in the bottom of the screen when music wasn't selected.

DT 758120 If an error occurred when synchronizing your iTunes music and importing album art, the text for the error link
    was cut off.

DT 734936 The Random music option was turned on again, if you had already synchronized with the random music option on and then turned it off.

DT 734852 You received an error after synchronizing your music for the first time.

DT 730851 You received an error when you connected a second device to the BlackBerry Desktop Software while synchronizing music with another device.

DT 695091 If you created a playlist in iTunes and a playlist in Windows Media Player with the same name, and if you changed one of the playlists to contain different songs, that playlist might have been renamed.

Pictures
    DT 716237 BlackBerry Desktop Software crashes after adding a picture folder with a long name (256 characters).

Videos
    DT 733547 At times, videos with a supported status failed to sync.

DT 728733 WMV video was transcoded with audio and video out of sync.

DT 711671 Sometimes, when the BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on Vista, it crashed when transcoding a certain group of avi files at the same time.

Wi-Fi music sync
    DT 765869 When the Wi-Fi state is on, the BlackBerry Desktop Software minimized to the system tray without notifying you.

Localization
    DT 710017 In the Turkish version, the translated text for "<storage amount> after sync" was incorrect.

DT 709850 In some languages, {0} Pictures was not translated correctly in the Device Pictures screen.
    09-09-10 01:50 PM
    This thread will probably be moved to -- bizarrely enough -- the Desktop Manager subforum, where I just posted this list of issues that have been fixed or closed from bundle 42 to bundle 47:
    Doh! Sorry. I looked all over trying to find the right spot to post this and never saw the DM subforum. I'll try to look closer next time.
    09-09-10 01:56 PM
    I wasn't "prompted" to download the new version but when I manually checked I saw where a newer version was available.
    09-09-10 02:12 PM
    There's a setting in DM that auto checks for new versions on launch.
    09-09-10 02:26 PM
    Still did not fix sync issues. Getting error message every time. Only got error every one out of three or four times before. Really ticked off at RIM for this circus called DM6
    09-09-10 03:15 PM
    You're gonna have to be more specific than that. There isn't only 1 sync issue and this package version will not fix every sync issue in existence, especially since a lot of them are caused by 3rd party modules and their associated databases.
    09-09-10 03:25 PM
    Heres a mirror on megaupload if you want to download it, its 6.0.0.47 multilanguage version

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    09-10-10 02:50 AM
    I inbstalled the update for 6.0.0.43 (bundle 47) and now DM will not recognize my device at all. Anyone have any suggestions??

PS: Does RIM actually test their software before it is released? There always seems to be something, and frequently something obvious, that doesn't work.
    09-10-10 06:22 AM
    I reinstalled the update which fixed my issue - I should have tried that first, of course (dummy!).

The second part of my post, the comment, stands though. Everytime there is an update, I am told that it is much improved and easier to use, and I usually find neither to be true!
    09-10-10 06:51 AM
    There was some talk about DM6 not including Redirector. Is this still the case with this update?
    09-10-10 09:19 AM
    Ok, so we all have the same "old" "updated" version of DM 6.0.0.47. What I'm noticing is, that whenever I synch my S2 to my laptop. DM does an automatic backup of the phone. I can see the backup files saved on my computer and they are current. However, DM reports that my last Update was August 10, 2010 (even though I synch and backup several times a week, including this morning before I installed this update).

Anyone else having this problem or know what's going on?
    P.S. Also noticed that DM is reporting "Last Synch" as being three days ago, even though I've synched several times over the past three days.

PPS: NEWER UPDATE! I'm on the phone with VZW to try and resolve this. The VZW rep was unable to help and cannot locate any reports of a similar issue. In the past when they were unable to help, they would transfer me over to RIM for additional help. Now, that seems to have changed. They report that they can no longer do that and provide you with a toll free number to call, but RIM charges fifty bucks!! wtf?
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 09-10-10 at 02:35 PM.
    09-10-10 02:18 PM
    I downloaded DM 6.0.0.47 today and am also having the issue of not recognizing my Curve 8330 and if or when it finally does it goes to not responding wihen I try to sychronize pictures. I started another thread about this issue. Please help. I can't do anything. I first installed DM 6 about 8/25 and was never able to anything but do a system backup. I was able to get a backup done this morning between freezes. Help.
    Cheers,

PS. How do I set my options so I am notified when there is a response to a post I have responded to?
    PSS I found the place in options to set notifications.
    Last edited by Colby1944; 09-11-10 at 10:42 PM. Reason: correct typo
    09-10-10 05:32 PM
    Ok, so we all have the same "old" "updated" version of DM 6.0.0.47. What I'm noticing is, that whenever I synch my S2 to my laptop. DM does an automatic backup of the phone. I can see the backup files saved on my computer and they are current. However, DM reports that my last Update was August 10, 2010 (even though I synch and backup several times a week, including this morning before I installed this update).

Anyone else having this problem or know what's going on?
    P.S. Also noticed that DM is reporting "Last Synch" as being three days ago, even though I've synched several times over the past three days.

PPS: NEWER UPDATE! I'm on the phone with VZW to try and resolve this. The VZW rep was unable to help and cannot locate any reports of a similar issue. In the past when they were unable to help, they would transfer me over to RIM for additional help. Now, that seems to have changed. They report that they can no longer do that and provide you with a toll free number to call, but RIM charges fifty bucks!! wtf?
    you not alone buddy me too have a same issue, i had this issue with previous version and now same with this, i never posted this problem because never bothered me as long as everything else works fine.
    09-10-10 07:14 PM
    Oh man, joju, thank you! I've not seen any post regarding this, the VZW rep said he looked through "all 259 reported issues" on DM 6.0 and said there was nothing there. I was thinking I was the only one, lol. My files ARE backed up, I see all the backups on my hard drive, right up to date, but DM is not reflecting that. Weird, but i agree, so long as we know it's working, that's the most important.

Now, if I can only get an answer from VZW as to when/why they changed their policy about referring a customer to RIM if they could not help. Cost cutting, I guess

you not alone buddy me too have a same issue, i had this issue with previous version and now same with this, i never posted this problem because never bothered me as long as everything else works fine.
    09-10-10 08:36 PM
    does the new dm6 do a backup that saves all data and apps? or do i still do device switch?
    09-10-10 09:15 PM
    Yep, just set it up as to what you want to back up and that's all there is to it.

does the new dm6 do a backup that saves all data and apps? or do i still do device switch?
    09-10-10 10:26 PM
    Oh man, joju, thank you! I've not seen any post regarding this, the VZW rep said he looked through "all 259 reported issues" on DM 6.0 and said there was nothing there. I was thinking I was the only one, lol. My files ARE backed up, I see all the backups on my hard drive, right up to date, but DM is not reflecting that. Weird, but i agree, so long as we know it's working, that's the most important.

Now, if I can only get an answer from VZW as to when/why they changed their policy about referring a customer to RIM if they could not help. Cost cutting, I guess
    i feel good knowing that my post helped you at least at some sort of
    09-11-10 04:28 PM
    when rim first released the 6.0, everytime I tried to run it I got an error that said "desktop manager has stopped working" and never got to use it, grrr. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times, same thing. Then today I get a pop up box saying there is an update to install, yeah!!! Installed the update, still not working, HEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!!!!
    09-12-10 06:34 PM
    There are so many different things this could be, it would be hard to pin down without playing "20 questions." So, with that, I would suggest that you uninstall your old DM (if you're on a PC, use the "Add/Remove Programs" console from your Control Panel), and then go to RIM's website and download the DM to your PC. SAVE the file (rather than RUN) to your computer and then install from your desktop. Should (ok, that may be a big assumption, lol) work fine! That is, unless perhaps, your antivirus program, spamware program or something else is preventing it.

when rim first released the 6.0, everytime I tried to run it I got an error that said "desktop manager has stopped working" and never got to use it, grrr. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times, same thing. Then today I get a pop up box saying there is an update to install, yeah!!! Installed the update, still not working, HEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!!!!
    09-12-10 07:34 PM
    I was running the fist version of DM6 and it wouldnt let me do anything but back up my phone. Luckly I loaded the update and everything seems to working fine and Im loving it. Sorry to everyone that is having problems with there's I do know how you feel.
    09-13-10 06:13 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD