Guys,

I have read several posts on the subject but what I am looking for is quite specific so appreciate your guidance/help. Apologies if this sounds like a repeat somehow. I have never used device switch wizard before (in fact I have never used back up restore function - being a newbie and all) so pls guide me like a 10-year old as I do not wish to mess up the new phone.

My 8900 does not have third party apps, just 2 external themes, one of which I am using now.

Many users suggest device switch wizard to transfer all contacts, apps, calendar, mails, BBM PINs etc. Perfect replica of the old phone, including BIS transfer.

What I want is to transfer emails, sms, phonebook, BBM contacts, and calendar only. I do not want the themes to go along, wanting to preserve original set ups of 9700 and 5.0 OS. I am also afraid the 8900 themes won't work with 5.0 OS of the 9700.

Can device switch wizard accomodate this? Is there a function inside (during the transfer) that allows me to choose emails/sms/phonebook/BBM contacts/calendar only? ........NO themes, third party apps please.

OR would I be better off using back up restore function within DM? Plus manual switch of PIN/IMEI via BIS?

Many thanks for your time/comments.
    01-30-10 11:23 PM
    if your 8900 is 5.0 your themes they will transfer ok, if 4.6.1 they most likely wont work (5.0 vs 4.6) , use the device wizard but do a back up first ( if a problem comes up you have a file, do a backup every so often) i do every 2wks and i came from 8900 to 9700 used the wizard and saved me alot of time not having to reset all my ring tones/email/sms/mms tones etc as the wizard transfered all settings, contacts, calendar etc will be transfered as well
    01-31-10 01:03 AM
    if your 8900 is 5.0 your themes they will transfer ok, if 4.6.1 they most likely wont work (5.0 vs 4.6) , use the device wizard but do a back up first ( if a problem comes up you have a file, do a backup every so often) i do every 2wks and i came from 8900 to 9700 used the wizard and saved me alot of time not having to reset all my ring tones/email/sms/mms tones etc as the wizard transfered all settings, contacts, calendar etc will be transfered as well
    Thanks. I am on 4.6 now. If the themes don't work, can I assume they won't be transferred to 9700? Would be sad to have these transferred and not working (waste of memory?)

I actually don't want these themes to be transferred in any case. Just want my address book, calendar, emails, sms, and of course BBM contacts.

Does Device Switch have the options not to transfer themes (classified as apps?). I want to have diff screen set ups on my 9700. By the way I have made a backup for my 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 01:18 AM
    on your javelin delete the themes, then do your dw switch and all should be good< if im not mistaken there is an option in dsw that u can select to not transfer 3rd party apps (your 2 themes and they will not be transfered to you your bold) under advanced if i remember right and youll still have them on your javelin.
    01-31-10 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD