Hi All,

I am moving to 9900 from 9800. They are from different carriers.

I want to use the device switch feature in DM, so I connected 9800 and try to do it, but it fails without backing up the data. So I did a complete back up of 9800 and connect my new 9900. I already entered my BB ID on the new phone and then I restored my files to 9900.

1. Now I can see my old emails and files however my calendar has duplicate entries, showing a default calender with my gmail calendar. I noticed I no longer receive emails on my new blackberry. I went to the email accounts and insert my log in information. Also. I have 2 calendars showing duplicate events, one names after my gmail other one called Default calendar.

2. I clean wipe my new device and setup my BBID and emails in that first before restoring data next time. I can see old emails and receiving new emails,no more duplicate events in my calendar. However, all my new emails are only showing up under Messages, not under emails and I can not see Send option when I try to reply a new email. After some research I found a solution which asked me to delete the service book under my gmail name so I did that and reactivate email and Send Service Books again.
    Now my email works and sync fine, but all my old emails are gone.

How can I bring back my old emails to new phone without affecting new email service or service books?
    Desktop manager restore feature does not letting me choose only messages to restore.

Thank all in advance.
    12-28-11 11:43 PM
    Hi All,

I am moving to 9900 from 9800. They are from different carriers.

I want to use the device switch feature in DM, so I connected 9800 and try to do it, but it fails without backing up the data. So I did a complete back up of 9800 and connect my new 9900. I already entered my BB ID on the new phone and then I restored my files to 9900.

1. Now I can see my old emails and files however my calendar has duplicate entries, showing a default calender with my gmail calendar. I noticed I no longer receive emails on my new blackberry. I went to the email accounts and insert my log in information. Also. I have 2 calendars showing duplicate events, one names after my gmail other one called Default calendar.

2. I clean wipe my new device and setup my BBID and emails in that first before restoring data next time. I can see old emails and receiving new emails,no more duplicate events in my calendar. However, all my new emails are only showing up under Messages, not under emails and I can not see Send option when I try to reply a new email. After some research I found a solution which asked me to delete the service book under my gmail name so I did that and reactivate email and Send Service Books again.
    Now my email works and sync fine, but all my old emails are gone.

How can I bring back my old emails to new phone without affecting new email service or service books?
    Desktop manager restore feature does not letting me choose only messages to restore.

Thank all in advance.
    Same here my second Blackberry and I have the 9900 as well.
    I am going to try backing up to media card. Otherwise I am
    Going to plug my 9800 in and use a backup it has. Just missing
    My wifi profiles which is in advanced.

Just a note discovered a memory cleaner in the 9900. Good
    At clearing memory.

Then again there is the log file although I only used it once.

To clear log file hold alt button type lglg.
    Then clear log.

Nice to meet you. I thought this time I wanted a more traditional
    Blackberry.

In a few months all of us will get OS 7.1 which adds wifi calling
    Unless you carrier disables it. Then again there are lots more
    Improvements with OS7 which all carriers will allow.

I will let you know how the restore goes.

Use blackberry protect whatever you do! In options choose to
    Make it viewable in gps and you can remotely disable it from a
    Computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-12 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD