I've had my blackberry curve 8320 for almost a month now and I think it's an awesome phone. Today I was bored and thought to add songs to my blackberry's microSD. I read up on a couple things and I "think" I can add songs through the desktop manager with the media manager correct?? When I connected the usb cable to my bb, a password prompt showed up and I assumed it was the password I had set for my phone for when it idles over "x" minutes. I typed it in and it didn't work. So I began looking around, but failed to find what to do in this scenario. I unplugged the cable and pressed enter on my bb to see if the password counter went up. It showed that the counter did indeed go up so my question is, is there something wrong with the software or is there another "password" I need to know.
    08-19-08 04:24 PM
    Only the one password. You need to get it correct, or on the 10th wrong try it will wipe your device of all personal data and settings.

Make sure you have the shift/caps keys correct as you would on the device.
    08-19-08 04:29 PM
    Only the one password. You need to get it correct, or on the 10th wrong try it will wipe your device of all personal data and settings.

Make sure you have the shift/caps keys correct as you would on the device.
    I've tried putting it in twice. I am 100% sure that what I put in is correct. I used the number pad and also the numeric keys and same result.
    08-19-08 05:51 PM
    I've tried putting it in twice. I am 100% sure that what I put in is correct. I used the number pad and also the numeric keys and same result.
    Assuming you left the BlackBerry on the default 10 tries, on the 5th try it will stop showing * and start showing you what you are inputting. That's its attempt to help you. There have been a number of cases where someone was certain their password was "wert" when they had actually entered "123(" That's the most likely explanation. If you can't recall your password, you will have to restore your content from your most recent backup.
    08-19-08 06:45 PM
    It is quite possible that when you entered the password on your BB that you may have used letters instead of numbers or vice versa.

EDIT: hopefully you have a backup or cna perform a backup just in case you don't figure out the password and end up having to wipe the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Stoneryno; 08-20-08 at 12:44 AM.
    08-20-08 12:42 AM
    what does entering a keystore password even do? I always just press cancel.
    08-20-08 02:06 PM
    Keystore I think is where some sort of security stuff is stored it's password protected to prevent unauthorized access I assume. You can turn off syncing the keystore. But you need to know the password. You assign the password the 1st time the keystore is accessed or its settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 10:56 PM
    how do I shut off the keystore password? I do not see it on one of my computers, but do on another and do not wish to have it.

Thanks,

Mike
    01-19-09 09:59 PM
    OMG - after wiping my phone clean 4 times trying to figure out why the device manager password wasn't my numeric password i set on my phone (1234) IT WAS WERS = 1234
    05-07-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD