I have been trying for 3 days now to install my BB software with no luck. I am working with a Pearl Flip 8220 with ATT. My computer with the Windows Vista system does not recognize when the phone is plugged in with the USB cord, although it does charge it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times, I have used every USB port on the computer. I used my I-Pod on the port and it is recognozed. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Could someone please explain to me in simple terms how to install... all Im looking for is to be able to sync my calendar and transfer my music files.

Im grateful for any help.
    04-06-10 04:49 PM
    have you tried manually installing software using the Blackberry User Tools CD provided with the phone? I don't know for a fact if the Pearl flip comes with the CDs that a non flip BB does, but I would imagine so. Try popping the User Tools CD in and run the setup.exe file.
    04-06-10 05:09 PM
    yes, I have a CD that came with the phone, I have tried several times to install from the CD with no luck. It installs the program fine, but then will not connect the phone to it. It says Disconnected COM3, and no PIN on the first screen.
    04-06-10 05:12 PM
    Hi I have similar problem but with mine storm 9500. I had installed the software on mine Acer laptop with Wind7. but when I connect phone, the program does not recognize it. but laptop does. I have under my computer icon of the phone with 9500 number and I can browse it. but the application does not see the device. I tried several versions then clean install, different usb ports but nothing helps...

any idea what is the problem?
    Last edited by cstvorka; 04-07-10 at 06:08 AM.
    04-07-10 05:01 AM
    this going to sound simple, but I had similar problems before-do a battery pull and a complete reboot of your pc before you start. always as a rule of thumb, delete any remnants of previous OS that may be on your PC
    04-07-10 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD