It starts downloading and I believe it finishes downloading, but for some reason it doesn't want to install. Does anyone have any idea how to get this to work?
    07-22-09 10:51 PM
    bump, anyone?
    07-23-09 06:06 PM
    may be there are some broken or missing files...
    07-25-09 12:14 AM
    same issue here, windows xp hangs at the screen "Blackberry Automatic Update" - "Installing 1 of 1 updates..." - progress meter is full but just hangs.
    08-20-09 08:59 PM
    1. Sync and backup your device
    2. Uninstall current version of Desktop Manager
    3. Download Desktop Manager v5.0 from here and install
    4. Sync device

Easy
    08-21-09 02:57 AM
    Installing application on the Internet can be done two ways.

Smaller applications can be Installed directly, larger applications should be saved locally before the install begins.

That is particularly true of BlackBerry Software. The servers are busy, long delays can result in internet timeouts and a failure to install. That will not happen when you install from a saved copy.

08-21-09 09:58 AM
    Link didn't work, can you pls repost.
    08-22-09 09:21 AM
    Lets take this thread over to the Desktop Manager Sub Forum
    08-22-09 09:38 AM
    I had a similar problem yesterday. You need to completely uninstall any previous version. If the install even was partially completed, you may need to do some manual cleanups. On the Blackberry site go into the support area and do a search on install issues. There are directions on how to completely wipe a pc of all traces of DM. Once done reboot and then install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:19 AM
    ON the Blackberry support site, search for "How to perform a clean unistall of Blackberry Desktop Software".
    08-23-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD