Just a question for you all. In your opinion...would it be beneficial to upgrade my BB DM to v.4.7. My BB came with v. 4.3.0.17 on the tools disk. I am so new to the BB and this is my second post on the Crackberry forums so any input you all have would be great

Smile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:20 PM
    No. Stick with 4.5 or 4.6

4.7 is made/better for phones such as the storm......4.7 has created many problems for folks who use curves, many of them post on cb..
    02-16-09 07:34 PM
    Tremortality - I have 4.6 and I was trying to download bb alerts that you told me about and I get a message that it cant download and i should upgrade to a new dm version. The files were either a jad or a alx(?) and I cant get them to work, any suggestions?
    02-16-09 07:40 PM
    Xmommyx, DM4.7 is the desktop manager version and 4.3.0.17 sounds like a software version. Just want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples here

I would upgrade your DM to 4.6 without media manager, if you want the best results.

Xmommyx, DM4.7 is the desktop manager version and 4.3.0.17 sounds like a software version. Just want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples here

I would upgrade your DM to 4.6 without media manager, if you want the best results.

Tremortality - I have 4.6 and I was trying to download bb alerts that you told me about and I get a message that it cant download and i should upgrade to a new dm version. The files were either a jad or a alx(?) and I cant get them to work, any suggestions? Actually they download but I can open or install with the file extensions.
    02-16-09 07:43 PM
    ahh, dreamtobelieve...you are right...what I was looking at on the blackberry site is for Desktop Software....I didn't know there was a difference...see now my newbie status is really showing LOL. Is there a difference, could you possibly direct me to a link that says the difference between the two and would I need both things? I feel so dumb right now LOL. thanks a million for all the help!!

02-16-09 07:48 PM
    The dm4.7 would be your desktop manage version, which is your software for the computer.

The other is your operating system that is running on the phone.

02-16-09 08:14 PM
    FLN

You should not have to update your DM to install BBALerts trial. I installed it on my curve with the same DM, no problems.

Are you getting it from here?

BlackBerry Alerts : BlackBerry Curve 8330 : Handango

You can select your phone at the top
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-16-09 at 08:46 PM.
    02-16-09 08:43 PM
    okay, well already updated the os on the actual bb device to v. 4.5.0.110. The version of Desktop Manager is the v. 4.3.0.17. So I am assuming the Desktop software on the BB site is the same as the Desktop Manager on my pc. There are several versions available on the BB website and I am curious if it is beneficial to upgrade my Desktop Manager/Software or better just to leave it with what came on the BB Tools Disk that came with my phone. Like I said there are several versions going all the way up to v. 4.7. LOL I hope this clears up any confusion.

02-16-09 08:45 PM
    I would upgrade, and go with the 4.6 without media manager. That's the best as of right now.

02-16-09 08:51 PM
    What is wrong with the media manager? Not that I dispute your advice...I just don't know the bugs media manager is giving.

02-16-09 09:10 PM
    Media manager is roxio, if you will use it, get it. Most don't, so it takes less space to do it without.

02-16-09 09:21 PM
    how do i install JAd extension files , i have a BB storm
    07-26-09 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD