I just traded from a Windows phone to the Torch and I'm having a major stupid problem I can't solve.
    When I connect my phone to the desktop software, I click on the organizer button. When I click Configure Settings, the software gives me an error message saying my computer must be connected to the internet, to connect and try again. I am connected to the internet, obviously. I have tried shutting down my firewall and antivirus software, and that didn't work. I have been messing with this for a week and I need to get my notes and calendar transferred to my Torch. Does anyone know how to do this or how to get my desktop software to work?

Thanks,
    David
    10-09-10 06:00 PM
    Make sure when you plug the device into the computer via USB cable, you select "USB Drive" from the menu options on the device. If you still have the problem after the instructions above, go to the Control Panel on the computer and remove the Desktop Manager and then re-install it.
    10-09-10 07:17 PM
    cx o how i have missed you! you were right about devcon that playbook is beautiful is there any info you can share ? is it going to be and run as great as it looks and when ?????????????????????????
    10-09-10 08:32 PM
    im having this same exact problem. how can we fix this i seriously need to downgrade my phones OS the loss of memory is causing it to seriously malfunction.
    10-10-10 05:57 PM
    im having this same exact problem. how can we fix this i seriously need to downgrade my phones OS the loss of memory is causing it to seriously malfunction.
    What OS are you on? If it is the .246, this would be a first as no one else that I have seen has posted a memory issue with the Torch. You should have plenty of free memory available from the 512 supplied.
    10-10-10 10:59 PM
    Make sure when you plug the device into the computer via USB cable, you select "USB Drive" from the menu options on the device. If you still have the problem after the instructions above, go to the Control Panel on the computer and remove the Desktop Manager and then re-install it.
    Tried this, didn't work. Any other ideas?
    10-14-10 07:13 PM
    really? 4gb of internal memory and your Torch's OS is bogging it down? I doubt it.
    10-14-10 07:19 PM
    really? 4gb of internal memory and your Torch's OS is bogging it down? I doubt it.
    The Torch does not have 4gb of application/OS memory. It only has 512mb.
    10-14-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD