hi, i had the same issue with version 6.1 now with 7 cant get it running on my desktop !!
    using windows 7 64 bit and 2 screens (via splitter) i installed the software without problems. as soon as i start it for the forst time, the blackberry desktop software freezes with and without connected device. there is actually a problem with displaying the software, only the outer frame of the software-window is shown but not the content of the software window. (i see a frame and inside it i see the desktop like the software was lucent) i can somehow close it via the X on the upper right of the frame so actually software seems to work .. sone display error?
    this was the same for version 6.1 aas for version 7 tht i hoped to solve the problem.
    Any solution known to the problem?
    thanks,
    felix
    05-15-12 05:53 AM
    I'm not sure how or why having 2 monitors would effect it. I would download ccleaner and uninstall dm reboot, install ccleaner and run both the file and registry cleaners, save a backup of your registry - it will ask. Reboot and reinstall dm or download it again and install it.
    05-15-12 07:09 AM
    many thanks but that didnt help ... do you have any other idea?
    thanks
    Felix
    05-15-12 09:00 AM
    Not sure why 2 monitors would effect it but have you tried either disabling one monitor or unplugging one of them?
    05-15-12 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD