Hi,

Installed BlackBerry Desktop Software today and it worked fine, but it shows the wrong phone number (original but NOT current number) on the main screen.

I've tried all the proposed fixes in various forums and none have worked:

1. I don't have a Sim Card
    2. ##000000 doesn't do anything accept show an error message - "wrong password" or something like that
    3. Tried not showing the phone number and then changing it back.
    4. Tried a battery pull.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I have a Virgin Mobile Curve 8530.
    09-19-10 01:15 AM
    Does DM do anything different bc of it. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Nah I have no Idea

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 03:11 AM
    Does DM do anything different bc of it. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Nah I have no Idea

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No it works just fine, I just don't like the wrong number on there. Was also wondering why some of the fixes that worked for others don't work for me when they seemed like they should be easy to do.

One thing I didn't mention was that on one of the other forums someone mentioned doing a security wipe on their phone, and that fixed it.

If I did a backup of all my data and then the security wipe, when I re-import that data will it still show the wrong number? I guess I really need to know where this wrong number is in the phone settings before I can see if a wipe will work.
    09-19-10 04:01 PM
    Found the solution on another thread - sorry but I didn't think to save the link.

Anyway, the solution was to reload the OS through Desktop Software 6. Now the correct phone number shows.

10-11-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD