Won't start the organizer sync application. I get an error messages that says "Error encountered. Error code - 0x80043ade. Check documentation" Any ideas?
    08-12-10 01:12 AM
    same here. I've tried everything.
    08-12-10 01:09 PM
    Wow same here every time I try installing the software I get a error message. What is going on?? Is it my computer or is it something that RIM has to fix????
    08-12-10 01:32 PM
    I had the same thing but when I reinstalled it the 2nd time it worked okay. Does any one know the difference between Desktop Manager 5.0 and the current Desktop Software 6.0?
    08-12-10 01:42 PM
    be sure to install as admin

v6.0 is a complete design change. much easier to use
    08-12-10 01:50 PM
    Won't start the organizer sync application. I get an error messages that says "Error encountered. Error code - 0x80043ade. Check documentation" Any ideas?
    When I installed DM6, it left a copy of DM5 on my computer. After uninstalling DM5, my sync worked!
    08-12-10 02:05 PM
    I had the same problem. You have to install 6 and then go to the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Version 5. Reboot and it will work just fine.
    08-12-10 02:09 PM
    i had a same sort of problem. i have installed the new software. and i want to sync my calender, task and that stuff. but it wont work. so i reset it an want to renew the options. but i get this error?

have someone also this error. i want to sync my calender
    08-13-10 10:36 AM
    i had a same sort of problem. i have installed the new software. and i want to sync my calender, task and that stuff. but it wont work. so i reset it an want to renew the options. but i get this error?

have someone also this error. i want to sync my calender
    Did you remove DM 5???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 12:04 PM
    i don't but i look for it and can't find it.
    my laptop os is w7
    08-13-10 01:08 PM
    The problem seems to be that the install process does not remove DM5 (at least in my case, running WinXP). I had the same error messages mentioned above and all I did was uninstall DM5 (Control Panel | Add/remove Programs) and suddenly DM6 started behaving and synced my address book without complaint.
    08-13-10 04:02 PM
    i can't find dm5 on my pc. it had to be removed or something. but i stil have the problem
    08-14-10 03:49 AM
    when i did the update yesterday dm5 was automatically removed, try removing 6 and reinstall. that might help. i didnt try it on my xp machine just vista
    08-15-10 09:47 AM
    yesterday i removed dm6 en reinstall dm6. now the problem is solved and it works good now

thanks
    08-16-10 04:13 AM
    I uninstalled 5 and I am still having the same error code. CRAP
    08-19-10 11:47 AM
    This worked for me:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:
    KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
    KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:
    KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    08-19-10 01:19 PM
    unistall dm6 also and then reinstall. it works for me
    08-20-10 08:49 AM
    1. turn off the antiviral software.

2. reboot computer

3. verify Av software disabled.

4. download and install BDM6 from blackberry.com

5. right click icon after install and choose run as admin.(only have to do thsi once)

6. after the first sync, re enable anti viral software.

Hope this helps.
    08-22-10 12:02 PM
    Worked for me, thank you so much...may I say though, bugs like this are reasons I want to move to Android!
    08-30-10 10:35 PM
    I had the same thing but when I reinstalled it the 2nd time it worked okay. Does any one know the difference between Desktop Manager 5.0 and the current Desktop Software 6.0?
    yep, one works and the other doesn't. sorry, that's my personal experience. Just had to say it. LOL
    08-31-10 10:06 PM
    I had the same issue with Desk Manager not syncing, i had to uninstall it about 3 times to get it to work.

During the last uninstall it prompted me to "remove all settings", I did that. (i did not see this prompt the other couple of times i uninstalled)

then for ****ts and Giggles I ran CCleaner's (a utility program) registry repair feature and there were some registry entries that were left behind from the uninstall.

It worked just fine after that.

most likely just running the uninstall is leaving something in the registry that needs to be wiped before it will work.
    09-02-10 08:14 AM
    The differences, DM 6 has less functionality than DM 5.
    09-04-10 04:48 PM
    When I installed DM6, it left a copy of DM5 on my computer. After uninstalling DM5, my sync worked!
    I was having the same problem with my Torch, and I didn't realize I had the old version of DM still on my PC. This resolved it.
    11-05-10 06:11 PM
    unistall dm6 also and then reinstall. it works for me
    Yes, that worked for me too (after I uninstalled 5). But gotta say, I prefer V5.
    11-05-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD