11-24-11 12:26 AM
62 123
tools
    i found a solution for me at least.....i deleted everything about bbdm and i used firefox to download the bbdk6 and everything worked...... hope it helps
    08-15-10 01:28 PM
    deleted everything meaning?
    08-15-10 08:40 PM
    Same thing happens to me once i start BDM 6 , it says blackberry software has stopped working windows will close the program and notify if a solution is found, is this a software issue or a computer problem. With that said BDM 5.01 works just fine.
    08-15-10 09:41 PM
    i deleted anything blackberry.....and deleted internet explorer....installed firefox and rebooted and bam it worked ...running window vista 32 bit
    08-16-10 10:59 AM
    what a mission
    i'll wait till RIM fix it
    08-17-10 10:59 PM
    kwoklone,thanks for your post. i found the video files were actually on my device, and once i moved them, program fires up, and STAYS up!

running win7 ultimate w/8g ram and 9550 black edition quad core @ 2.6 mhz, ati 4650 * 2 in crossfire....

EDIT: forgot to mention i also changed the registry binary value as well.

RIM really dropped the ball on this one, big time. they will lose many customers over this....
    Last edited by prip; 08-18-10 at 08:33 PM.
    08-18-10 08:30 PM
    Downloaded dm 6 around 8:30 pm tonite with no problem at all. W7 32 bit
    08-18-10 08:48 PM
    wait so the solution is to remove videos from the device?
    08-22-10 07:05 AM
    any new infos on how to get bbdm6 working under windows7.

have no videos to delete and no desktop log.
    08-29-10 03:57 AM
    The problem I am seeing with 6.0 is that I cannot sync my calendar but can sync contacts.. anyone else having that problem? It's like the software doesn't even see the calendar....
    09-01-10 04:11 PM
    I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and did the install when I got a notice an upgrade was available.

I can't sync any of my organizer data. I deleted videos and that didn't work either. Whenever I try to sync, it starts the process and gets about halfway through the process of syncing the address book, then stops and I get the error message that the program has stopped working, etc. then shuts down.

I tried the clean uninstall steps from the blackberry forums (several times) and that hasn't helped. I've even tried to reinstall DM5 and now it won't work either. (I get the same error message with DM5 as I get with DM6.)

Right now, the only thing I can use my computer and USB for is to charge my Blackberry.

I really appreciate them taking a program that may not have been perfect and making it totally useless.
    09-01-10 11:01 PM
    Try this:

Create these two directories

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\My Videos\BlackBerry
    C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\My Pictures\BlackBerry

Run the installer again after creating the above directories.

Seems the installer is having issues with some systems when trying to create those directories. That solved my problem.

Beware however people are having other issues after getting this thing installed. Be warned. I'm doing a device update as I type this and it is taking FOREVER. Been running for about 40 minutes and isn't even halfway done.
    Last edited by djderricke; 09-02-10 at 07:41 AM.
    09-02-10 07:39 AM
    Try this:

Create these two directories

Run the installer again after creating the above directories.

Seems the installer is having issues with some systems when trying to create those directories. That solved my problem.

Beware however people are having other issues after getting this thing installed. Be warned. I'm doing a device update as I type this and it is taking FOREVER. Been running for about 40 minutes and isn't even halfway done.
    I can't find the a path to these files specifically:

I have an option for "My Documents" instead of "Documents" and when I try to create the My Pictures and My Video file there I'm told it already exists (even though I don't see it listed). There are My Pictures and My Video files listed in my library, though, and they both have Blackberry files already.
    09-04-10 02:31 PM
    I've had similar problems with BDS crashing. Observations:

- in upgrading via BDM 5 download, the installation was moved from where I'd originally had it on my D: drive to the C: drive(partitioned hd). I thought that to be strange but didn't think that was the issue...I still don't.
    - running the program, by itself, was no problem for me. As soon as I connected my phone though, the screen on the phone would flicker 2-3 times, then...crash. Every time.
    - I thought that maybe the fact that my phone was pwd protected was causing some sort of conflict, tunred it off and tried connecting again, saw the same flickering screen on the phone...crash.
    - I had a random thought that maybe the storage mode was the culprit, and I still have my suspicions there. Reasons below.
    - I decided to try turning my pwd off and restarting BDS to see what was what. Just as an additional what-the-hey, I figured I'd restart my phone. A lazy battery-pull, so to speak. I started up the BDS program while my phone was powered down, and it started working just fine.

It's the oddest thing I've ever come across with BB software. So anyway, I went a bit further.

- I unplugged from USB, powered up the phone, reconnected the USB, selected "No" from the Storage Mode prompt, checked the box telling the prompt to not ask me again, started up BDS.

crash.

- unplugged from USB, went to Options > Memory > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected, selected "Yes", backed out from that menu while saving, ran through the whole connect-to-USB-start-software process...

crash.

- USB unplugged, went back to Options > Memory > Mass Storage Mode Support, changed it to "Off". Backed out, saved, plugged back in to USB, started up BDS.

I don't know why the Mass Storage mode was an issue for me, and I don't know if that's the case for everyone else who seems to be having problems. I just thought I'd outline what I'd encountered up until now, maybe it will help someone else.

QA folks, I salute you. There is no way I could do this for a living.
    THANK YOU MAJESTIC LION!

I've been having the crash every time it goes to sync my calendar. It usually starts to sync, but always crashed before it got going very far. I went into mass storage mode support in options and turned the whole thing off. SUCCESS! I can now sync again! Woo!

Note: Wasted a few hours on this task...before finding this tidbit.

Edit: Hmmmm...looks like I also have to have it running in compatibility mode for XP (I run Win 7 32-bit). I took it off of the compatibility settings, and it won't detect my connected BB. Turn compatibility back on, instant recognition. *Shrug* As long as it works now!
    Last edited by Syn-tax; 09-09-10 at 11:31 AM.
    09-09-10 11:26 AM
    the updated dt-sw .b047 does also not solve the problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 10:10 AM

- USB unplugged, went back to Options > Memory > Mass Storage Mode Support, changed it to "Off". Backed out, saved, plugged back in to USB, started up BDS.

I don't know why the Mass Storage mode was an issue for me, and I don't know if that's the case for everyone else who seems to be having problems. I just thought I'd outline what I'd encountered up until now, maybe it will help someone else.

Thanks for posting this! Glad I saw it before re-installing an older version, although I never upgraded to the new one...it just showed up one say. Strange. Backup took an hour and then crashed.

Almost gave up on the BB! But it works fine now. Thanks again.
    09-25-10 04:30 AM
    kwoklone....You are the man. Thank you.
    10-17-10 02:53 PM
    Take out your SD card while your BB is connected. The software is trying to access your SD card, but it has bad programming. So no microSD = works.
    11-03-10 07:09 AM
    i can not believe you fixed this...it took me all day...KUDOS!! Thank you...I thought I was going to be stuck with my DROID...YEAH!!!
    11-11-10 12:19 PM
    Can't get Desktop Manager 6 to load either.
    I'm using Windows Vista.
    Last edited by cdf3; 11-13-10 at 07:04 AM.
    11-13-10 06:58 AM

- in upgrading via BDM 5 download, the installation was moved from where I'd originally had it on my D: drive to the C: drive(partitioned hd). I thought that to be strange but didn't think that was the issue...I still don't.
    - running the program, by itself, was no problem for me. As soon as I connected my phone though, the screen on the phone would flicker 2-3 times, then...crash. Every time.
    - I thought that maybe the fact that my phone was pwd protected was causing some sort of conflict, tunred it off and tried connecting again, saw the same flickering screen on the phone...crash.
    - I had a random thought that maybe the storage mode was the culprit, and I still have my suspicions there. Reasons below.
    - I decided to try turning my pwd off and restarting BDS to see what was what. Just as an additional what-the-hey, I figured I'd restart my phone. A lazy battery-pull, so to speak. I started up the BDS program while my phone was powered down, and it started working just fine.

It's the oddest thing I've ever come across with BB software. So anyway, I went a bit further.

- I unplugged from USB, powered up the phone, reconnected the USB, selected "No" from the Storage Mode prompt, checked the box telling the prompt to not ask me again, started up BDS.

crash.

- unplugged from USB, went to Options > Memory > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected, selected "Yes", backed out from that menu while saving, ran through the whole connect-to-USB-start-software process...

crash.

Worked for me. Well done dude. And thanks so much.
    11-19-10 03:07 AM
    I have Windows 7 x 64 running in Fusion 3 on a Macbook Pro. Desktop installs fine, and will work the first time I open it after rebooting, however, once I close it and try to open it again... it does nothing. No error codes, no messages, just nothing. Has anyone seen this before.
    11-19-10 10:05 AM
    my problem is i cannot even install the desktop manager 6.0 it always prompts desktop manager stopped working....

i have windows 7 x64

can someone help me with this?

thanks.
    07-21-11 11:56 PM
    Running Windows 7...DM version 6.1

DM recognizes device, able to do backup but then when select Applications it just hangs:

Was working fine a week ago!! Have tried uninstalling, installing lower version...same result.

Have resorted to using BBSAK til I can figure out what to do next...
    07-22-11 07:54 AM
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one having this exact same issue. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling BDM with no success.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I attempted to install win7 sp1 which corrupted my installation. I did a restore to go back. Prior to this my BDM worked just fine, but now it won't even launch. I have win7 64-bit ultimate and plenty of resources. dual core, 6gb ram, etc.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
    07-25-11 08:53 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD