I just synced my Tour with the BB Desktop Mgr and now all my recurring items, such as birthdays, in both my Outlook and Device, are messed up. Prior to the sync, all my bdays were a "no time" event with a recurrance annually. Now, since the sync, they are all still recurring items, but they all start at 4am and end at 4am the next day - so they all essentially span two days - and this is throughout my entire calendar - on device and computer!! i am on version 5.0.1...any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
    05-05-10 03:09 PM
    I have had this issue. Ya just have to fix them all on which ever you pick then sync again. You can delete the entire calendar off your bb under the advanced backup / restore area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 04:38 PM
    Thank you for your help. i have already started to fix everything...what a pain. thanks again!!
    05-11-10 09:26 PM
    I've had this happen and believe it is due to Facebook pushing its CICAL. Goto Options, Advanced Options, Service Books. Delete the Facebook CICAL before you synch. Also in advanced options, goto Default Services and make sure the CICAL is whichever device/e-mail account you are synching to.
    05-11-10 09:59 PM
    I just synced my Tour with the BB Desktop Mgr and now all my recurring items, such as birthdays, in both my Outlook and Device, are messed up. Prior to the sync, all my bdays were a "no time" event with a recurrance annually. Now, since the sync, they are all still recurring items, but they all start at 4am and end at 4am the next day - so they all essentially span two days - and this is throughout my entire calendar - on device and computer!! i am on version 5.0.1...any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
    I've had numerous problems with DM 5.0.1, so i went back to 4.6 and i haven't had any problems at all. For me 4.6 is a little more "user friendly". Good luck.
    05-12-10 02:12 PM
    I know this is an older thread, but I am having this issue and I'm using DM 6 and do not use face book or any other apps like that.

The events are fine until I restore the calendar to my device.(After OS Re-Install or Upgrade) Then the events Span 2 days just like you have experienced.

I really wish there was a fix for this.

BTW, I don't "Google Sync" or "Sync" with ANYTHING.

Anyway.. just thought I'd post my experience also.
    12-02-10 01:46 PM
    Did some serious googling ... and found out how to fix my problem. And I've actually done it, and it works.

Immediately after installing/upgrading your OS.. the first thing you should do is set the time zone and verify the correct time is displaying.(Don't depend on your restored items to do this, which is what I had been doing) It actually took two attempts for me to get my timezone saved... then let it set for a bit while it gets everything pushed down to the phone. After that.. do a physical battery pull...and after it boots up (might still check the time) then do your restoring of items (ex. Calendar ALL).

I did that with a fresh install of 5.0.0.983 last night and so far (knock on wood) all of my "All Day Events" are NOT spanning 2 days.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by BB_Noobie; 12-03-10 at 12:21 PM.
    12-03-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD