I have been using the Desktop Manager software that was included with my phone to synch with Outlook and have had zero issues.

I recently wanted to download an app for my 8330 Curve but the Application Loader would not work. I checked the Blackberry site for the latest version of the software, downloaded and attempted to install it.

It would not install until I updated the .Net Framework software on my XP operating system. I completed those updates and then proceeded to install the Desktop Mgr.

Upon completion I started getting blue screens of death.....repeatedly:

Multiple_IRP_complete_requests

***stop:0x00000044 (0x8868c660,0x00001bc0,0x00000000,0x00000000)

I uninstalled the software and even had to run a system restore to overcome the bsod problem.

Any suggestions on how to implement the Desktop Mgr upgrade without creating problems in Windows?

Thanks
    12-26-09 09:43 AM
    I had similiar issue with my new storm 2, the CD provided with phone worked great the next day pop up screen said there was a newer version so I updated and then the computer just froze completely would run at 100% and would take forever to shut down or open/close an application, ran so slow that the process of safe mode to system restore took over four hours to complete. Like a dummy I attempted again with the down load off the BB site and again lost half a days productivity in fixing it.

Any assitance as to what should be done??
    12-29-09 10:12 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm using Desktop Manager 5.0.1.28.

Have there been any results?
    01-22-10 01:33 PM
    We banged our heads against this one with Blackberry support.

we devised a work arround for the issue.

Upgrade of Desktop software results in blue screen... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-02-10 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD