Hi all,

so i'm new to this site, to blackberries, and to advanced cell phones in general. One thing i've been trying to do is link my Curve to my laptop; i've run into some trouble though (shocking)...

I wanted to transfer a ringtone that i made onto my phone, but i'm having trouble opening the "Media Manager" tab on the desktop manager. i can click the icon from the homepage, but the tab that says "start" for the media manager is not clickable...there's no error messages or anything like that, just the button itself is shaded gray, with no black outlines; it just won't allow me to press the button pretty much.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Did i just install the desktop manager wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    08-21-09 10:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Roxio Media Manager is an optional component of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The version shipped with the CD does not contain the Media Manager.

The simplest way to proceed, install a media card and use Windows File Manager to copy your ringtone, images or other data directly to the Media Card. You can select them from the media card, and it does not use your precious device memory.

If you decide you really do need Media Manager, you can download a BlackBerry Desktop Manager package with Media Manager. It's huge and it take a long time to download. Make sure you save a local copy before you try to install it.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?

Desktop Manager 5.0.0 B28 English - With Media Manager

File name: 500_b028_english.exe
    File size: 222.082 MB
    Date posted: 17-Jul-09
    08-21-09 10:52 AM
    Thanks, Reed.

Sorry if this is a dumb question (remember, i'm not tech-savvy, haha), but how do i access windows file manager? Also, do i need to attach my Curve to my Laptop with that sync cable they give you?

Thanks again.
    08-21-09 11:07 AM
    The only requrement is a Media Card. If you have one installed and it is set for the default: Options / Media Card / Media Card Support: ON and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: YES.

It will show up as a removable drive in Windows when you connect it using the supplied cable.

If there is no media card, it will not work.
    08-21-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD