I've read that using DM is pretty much the only way of syncronizing Outlook with BB. Is that true?

I'm having an issue to where I plug in my phone and the DM doesn't automatically sync nor does it sync when there are changes to my information either phone or PC. I have the new software and am not enjoying it.

I want to plug my phone in and it sync without me having to remember to sync before I unplug it. Any suggestions?
    09-08-10 03:57 PM
    Use Google sync .. setup a gmail account and you're good to go. You can export your contacts and calendar via a csv file and import it into gmail.
    Not exactly what he's asking for, right?

OP, did you try Device > Device Options and tick Organizer Data?

That's working here, but at the moment, it looks like DM has to be running.
    09-08-10 05:13 PM
    If your not a big fan of DM, I would look into opening a Google account. You can also go into Blackberry App World and download a free backup and sync application. These are easier ways to go because you never have to remember to sync, your data is always synced and backed up.
    09-08-10 06:55 PM
    The first suggestion wasn't what I was looking for. I did try the "Organizer Data" and it will automatically sync the moment I plug the phone in. It doesn't sync each time there's a change to my address book or calendar though. I don't really like having the program open either. I would like to have it just by the clock.

I do have a google account. I am so used to POP accounts that I never thought about putting everything through Google. I am thinking more about it because it appears that works better all around anyway. I have a feeling that will be a lot of work and time, which I don't have a bunch of. It maybe more appealing as I use the BB though.
    09-10-10 04:08 PM
    Okay, I don't think the google sync is what I want. Unless I have an Exchange server, I can't use the Apps Sync. I don't see a way to use my Outlook contacts like I can for the calendar. If you know, I would appreciate the help. Otherwise, I'm just going to leave things as is.
    09-10-10 10:07 PM
    Are you available to help me?
    I didn't see your PM before and I must teach tomorro morning, so I'll be brief.

I think features you want are available to BES users, OTA Calendar/Contact/Task sync.

Google Sync can update Contacts and Calendar entries, but it's not instantanious. It will do it, but it may take a good couple of minutes for it to notice changes.

There is an app that allows you to sync tasks from the device to your Google account, but it is a paid one. Myself, I don't like payng for that kind of stuff.

A workaround would be buying the app and then setting up a link from Google to Outlook. Use this software for the calendar and this one for the contacts. So, both the BlackBerry and Outlook would use Google as a server to pull data from. It doesn't sound like Tasks can sync to Outlook thou.

Hope this helps you better.
    09-10-10 11:15 PM
    Thank you for your help. I am not willing to pay for something right now, especially when what I have does work. I just need to sync and that's something I can work with. I was just trying to integrate better. I think it's cool the direction Google is going. Maybe in the near future, it will happen.

Thanks again.
    09-11-10 01:10 AM
    I just wish they'd add Tasks to Google Sync...
    09-11-10 02:15 PM
    Man, I'm so behind on this stuff. Funny how I used to spend a lot of time playing with this stuff, but time doesn't seem to be as available as it used to be. I normally wouldn't mind messing around, but I don't have the time to fix it if I really mess it up. Ahh, maybe after I am done with school. Maybe by then, you can sync your tasks.
    09-11-10 02:41 PM
    azhbookkeeper, I sent you a pm yesterday re app called syncamatic from BB World Apps. I think it will solve your problems...
    09-12-10 08:36 AM
    azhbookkeeper, I sent you a pm yesterday re app called syncamatic from BB World Apps. I think it will solve your problems...
    Quite an interesting find...

Syncamatic is a free mobile app that wirelessly synchronizes your BlackBerry, Mac and PC. -
    09-12-10 09:59 AM
    Thanks. I'm sorry I didn't reply. I will take a further look into it. I will hollar for help if I'm lost. Appreciate the help!
    09-12-10 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD