I'm using the leaked beta version of the desktop manager with an ATT Bold running .167 platform .217

when updating contacts from my address book, the manager 1.) won't sync anyone's PIN to the device and 2.) once the sync is complete, the device won't allow me to edit any contacts and gives me an error (contact updated externally etc...)

i know it's beta, just curious if anyone is having the same problems or has found a solution.

thanks.
    09-11-09 01:07 PM
    i get the same error message and same issue with same bold build and im running 10.5.8 on my macbook i guess just one of the beta issues hopefully the real version fixes it.
    09-11-09 01:31 PM
    It happened to me initially--think it has more to do with the 2 way syncing creating conflicts. I had to wipe my device to remove the duplicated contacts, then pull them back from google. I don't know if there is or will be a fix since I had this issue with the other Mac to Berry sync programmes so I don't sync my contacts directly with the Mac�just use google sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 01:55 PM
    i never had an issue with pocketmac. but yea i too wiped my berry to get rid of duplicates and now its fixed but i have to change contacts on my mac not the berry.
    09-11-09 01:59 PM
    i always had issues with the other syncing programs. doubling up contacts isn't even a worry for me because this is a brand new bold. all of the contacts (minus their PINs?) end up on the phone, they just can't be edited.
    09-12-09 08:53 AM
    Weird! I have a Hackintosh Dell Mini 9 and the Synch went flawless.
    09-12-09 10:27 AM
    think i'm gonna wait til the full version comes out haha
    09-12-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD