Today I put a new OS on my bold. I've done this a number of times over that last 5 years with various BB's. Today halfway through the restoring of the data to my bb it froze. I thought no big deal i'll go back into my DM and restore. Now no matter what I do DM will not move past trying to initialize my bb. I've tried 2 different computers. Uninstalled DM 3 times and reinstalled. I've also tried going back to DM 5 to see if it would work. I've had zero luck. This is a royal pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    02-27-11 09:49 PM
    Go to Applications > Search > Type Blackberry Desktop Manager. It should pop up at the top of the list when the icon shows up in the document, left click and then click Options > Show in document. Hopefully your desktop manager will work.
    02-28-11 01:48 AM
    Please note if it is getting frozen on restoring data then do the selective restore of data by selecting only the particular databases to restore such as Contacts, Calendar, Messages, Phone Call log and Phone history, SMS, MMS, Memos and Tasks.

- - - - -

Please follow

blackberry.com/btsc/KB23680
    Or see below
    1. Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer.
    2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Restore.
    3. Select a backup file that contains the data you want to restore.
    4. Do one of the following:
    * To restore all data to your BlackBerry smartphone, click Full restore
    * To select the data that you want to restore, click Custom restore. Select the check box beside the data type that you want to restore such as Address book All, Calendar All, Messages.

Please note you do not need service books and so many other databases present in the Backup as most of them are part of the device software so please check only the databases that you really wish to restore.
    * If your BlackBerry smartphone includes built-in media storage, and you want restore it, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box
    5. If the backup file is encrypted, type the password that you set to encrypt.
    6. Click Restore.
    03-01-11 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD