Okay, maybe I was being too smart or too dumb....

After upgrading my 8830 to the 4.5 OS but having problems I (wrongly) attributed to one/more of my 3rd party apps, I wiped the device. Then installed the OS. So most apps were gone.

Having used Javaloader to save all of those COD files and having lost/forgotten some of the sites where I got these programs (periodic table, tip calc, clocks, chron, etc) I decided to MANUALLY add them back to my 8830 using Javaloader again. Well, that was successful (shockingly so). But when I attempted to use the kosher method to add apps that I've registered and had zips for, using Desktop Manager, I was able to point to those but DM dutifully wanted to REMOVE some of the 3rd party apps. I gather it keeps track of what it adds and anything else is subject to REMOVAL??

Is there a way to get DM manager to just accept what's loaded, kind of get it back in sync so that I can use it for adding new apps but not have it always want to remove those others?

Or am I royally screwed!

Thanks in advance
    02-11-09 03:13 PM
    Try letting DM remove them then using DM to reload them instead of javaloader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 06:08 PM
    Can Desktop Manager load "raw" or soley cod files? Or do you need ALX files???

Well, I have created a wholes series of them....

Still catching back up.

Thanks for replying.
    02-11-09 08:16 PM
    Can Desktop Manager load "raw" or soley cod files? Or do you need ALX files???

Well, I have created a wholes series of them....

Still catching back up.

Thanks for replying.
    For 3rd party apps I believe the DM can only load .alx. From my experience, the only .cod files it will load are modules in the BB OS.

~Jazzi~

02-11-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD