I got myself a new desttop and I need to download the Desktop Manager on my computer. I think the CD that came with my Bold is Version 4.6 and I know there were some problems with the 4.7 and I have been using the 4.6 since I got the phone.

What version should I download at this time. I know some people are even using the 5.0.

Here are some info that may help you all. I am using a Dell XPS 420 and running Vista Ulti.

Thanks for your input.
    07-30-09 12:56 AM
    I got myself a new desttop and I need to download the Desktop Manager on my computer. I think the CD that came with my Bold is Version 4.6 and I know there were some problems with the 4.7 and I have been using the 4.6 since I got the phone.

What version should I download at this time. I know some people are even using the 5.0.

Here are some info that may help you all. I am using a Dell XPS 420 and running Vista Ulti.

Thanks for your input.
    I'm on Vista and had both 4.7 and now 5.0. I don't know which to tell you to choose, but I've had no problems w/either of them (other than 5.0 gave me some installation problems... I had to try to install it like 20 times before the process would begin, but I've been using it for a few days now and haven't had any issues with it what-so-ever). To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference between the two.
    07-30-09 01:44 AM
    DM5.0 is the latest and greatest plus it's official so why not go with the latest thing?
    07-30-09 01:52 AM
    I'm on Vista and had both 4.7 and now 5.0. I don't know which to tell you to choose, but I've had no problems w/either of them (other than 5.0 gave me some installation problems... I had to try to install it like 20 times before the process would begin, but I've been using it for a few days now and haven't had any issues with it what-so-ever). To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference between the two.
    Thank you for your repoly.

DM5.0 is the latest and greatest plus it's official so why not go with the latest thing?
    I did not know 5.0 is offical for ATT users. Thanks for the information.
    07-30-09 02:09 AM
    It's official for blackberry users everywhere. It's available from the BB website. I've been using it for a while (I mean to say it's been installed since it came out but I've only used it once to load a new OS :-P) and it worked great. No issues when I used 4.7 either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD