Whenever I plug my Pearl into DM 4.6, it checks for updates and up pops the attached. I have the latest OS (4.5.0.131). If I click "Update Now" it whirs for a bit and states "no updates available". If I click Cancel it obviously cancels.

It's annoying, anyone know how to get rid of it?
    03-03-09 11:04 AM
    You have DM set to check for updates, which it does regardless of what's actually on your BB, and then sees that you already have OS 4.5. You can change this by either launching the DM install file, or going to add/remove programs and clicking on the DM line. The install program will come up and you can modify the installation. When you do, somewhere along the line there should be a check box for automatically checking for updates. Uncheck it, and this behavior should stop.
    03-03-09 11:10 AM
    Whenever I plug my Pearl into DM 4.6, it checks for updates and up pops the attached. I have the latest OS (4.5.0.131). If I click "Update Now" it whirs for a bit and states "no updates available". If I click Cancel it obviously cancels.

It's annoying, anyone know how to get rid of it?
    I've had that since day one on my DM for my Curve and basically have just dealt with it LOL. Thanks for asking the question, it looks like we have an answer It has such a pain having it do it all the time; however compared to other problems, I figured it was minor

~Jazzi~

03-03-09 01:01 PM
    You have DM set to check for updates, which it does regardless of what's actually on your BB, and then sees that you already have OS 4.5. You can change this by either launching the DM install file, or going to add/remove programs and clicking on the DM line. The install program will come up and you can modify the installation. When you do, somewhere along the line there should be a check box for automatically checking for updates. Uncheck it, and this behavior should stop.
    OMG! Thank you so much! This has been an issue for me since I've had my BB. I bow to you.

~Jazzi~

03-03-09 01:02 PM
    Oh well, just tried the modify strategy and it shows check for updates unchecked and it won't continue much farther than that because it says it "can't find installation file"

Thanks for the information anyway...I may look into your other option if I can find the correct file anyway. *sigh*

~Jazzi~

03-03-09 01:08 PM
    Oh well, just tried the modify strategy and it shows check for updates unchecked and it won't continue much farther than that because it says it "can't find installation file"

Thanks for the information anyway...I may look into your other option if I can find the correct file anyway. *sigh*

~Jazzi~

You can un-bow now. Try uninstalling DM completely and then reinstalling.
    03-03-09 01:14 PM
    I'm down with this solution, but I'd still like to know why it thinks there is something to upgrade, then finds nothing. shouldn't it automatically check for updates, find nothing and go directly to the DM main menu screen?
    03-03-09 02:12 PM
    You can un-bow now. Try uninstalling DM completely and then reinstalling.
    That was my next step; just wanted to make sure that it won't screw up the OS though??? Your highness

~Jazzi~

03-03-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD