I have tried to find the answer to my problem by searching here but couldn't find the problem I'm having so thought I'd try my luck at posting my first thread.

I have had my Bold for about 3 weeks now and love it! I have learned how to do just about everything I want to do with it (or at least what I know I can do with it right now ).

My problem is this:
    I installed the Desktop Manager, plugged up my Bold and synced for the first time. Hunky dory so far.
    I unplug it to use for the day, come back to sync later and Desktop Manager does not "say" connected. The Blackberry Device Manager sees the phone and says it's connected but the Desktop Manager does not. If I restart my computer, everything is fine and I can sync again. But I don't want to have to restart my computer everyday just so I can sync my Bold.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium and am using BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.6.0.19.

Thanks in advance!

shorrar
    05-09-09 01:05 AM
  2. Dinesh
    I have the same problem. My Desktop Manager version is 4.7.0.32. Either I have to reatart my PC or do a battery pull. I have Windows Vista.

Hope someone has a solution, as this problem is irritating.

Thanks
    05-09-09 03:50 AM
    DM 4.7 seems to be bit buggy. Try using DM 4.6 instead. Just out of curiosity, are you guys using the "safely remove hardware" option before unplugging the device from the computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 04:15 AM
    I too am having problems with my Desktop Manager.
    05-09-09 04:41 AM
  5. Dinesh
    Just out of curiosity, are you guys using the "safely remove hardware" option before unplugging the device from the computer?
    No, but that didn't give trouble with v4.6
    05-09-09 11:00 AM
    DM 4.7 seems to be bit buggy. Try using DM 4.6 instead. Just out of curiosity, are you guys using the "safely remove hardware" option before unplugging the device from the computer?
    I am using version 4.6 because I read somewhere on here that 4.7 was a bit buggy. And to answer your other question, I have used the "safely remove hardware" option and still does the same thing.

Thanks for your quick response!
    shorrar
    05-09-09 12:35 PM
    Bump.

Just wanting to see if anyone has come up with something or anyone else besides me, Dinesh and AAK73 are having this problem.

Thanks,
    shorrar
    05-10-09 09:58 PM
  8. Dinesh
    I hope someone comes out with a solution.

BTW I also sync my Bold at my workplace (DM 4.6), no issues there, but workplace is WinXP, home is Vista!
    05-11-09 09:44 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agree.

Note also, if you don't "safely remove" *both* volumes (the device and your SD card, if you have one), you run the risk of damaging your SD.
    05-11-09 10:22 AM
    I use Vista on my laptop and DM 5.0 with no problems.
    05-11-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD