Does anyone know how I can tame the Blackbery Desktop Manager? It is always very slow to launch and I dont need or want to see/use it every time I boot my computer. Thanks.
    03-18-10 10:47 AM
    Posting a question about the same program, don't need two topics with the same name.

My BB Desktop Manager is running terribly slow for some reason, can't figure it out. I've tried reinstalling it, but to no avail.

Also, there should be a way to disable booting with windows through a settings menu. Ill have to check when I get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 04:14 PM
    Remove it from the Start folder in Windows and it won't launch at startup.

As for it being slow, did you install the Roxxio thing? If you did, I guess we found the culprit.
    03-18-10 06:06 PM
    So the roxio thing is garbage? Back to using the sd card slot I guess.

03-18-10 06:48 PM
    So the roxio thing is garbage? Back to using the sd card slot I guess.

It is not that it is garbage, it is how it is configured. It also is a fairly large program so it takes some extra time to load. If you tell Roxio not to monitor any folders for syncing purposes and do it manually when necessary, it speeds up loading considerably as it doesn't have to take all the time to see what has changed or been added since the last time it ran.
    03-19-10 07:59 PM
    It is not that it is garbage, it is how it is configured. It also is a fairly large program so it takes some extra time to load. If you tell Roxio not to monitor any folders for syncing purposes and do it manually when necessary, it speeds up loading considerably as it doesn't have to take all the time to see what has changed or been added since the last time it ran.
    That helps a lot! Thanks, I'm going to kill the watching thing. I love you guys.

03-19-10 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD