For the last two weeks I have been trying to do a back up on my tour like I do every month so I dont lose anything I add throughout the month in case something happens to the blackberry.
    Anyway I start the back up process and all is well until it gets to the BB groups and then it freezes. It wont do anything. I hit cancel and disconnect the phone. My phone will come back and be okay but the memory is gone. Usually lose around 20 or mb's. I have to do a battery pull and all is good again.
    Question is why all of a sudden cant I do a back up?
    Thanks
    07-23-10 03:10 PM
    Do you have the latest version of DM? If not, get v5.0.1 and see how that acts.
    07-23-10 04:22 PM
    Yep I have the latest versions of software for both DM and OS. I had no problem doing a back up in the middle of June.
    07-23-10 04:26 PM
    Have you created or altered any groups since your last backup? If so, I'd try deleting and recreating the group(s) and see if that allows DM to sail by. The BB groups database my have gotten corrupted somehow.
    07-23-10 04:47 PM
    It does sound like a corrupted data base.
    07-23-10 05:37 PM
    It was a corrupted bb group/s. I deleted them all and it backed up flawlessly! Thank you. Never had an issue like that before.
    07-24-10 06:23 PM
    Glad that's all it was. Hope you didn't have too many groups to restore. I wouldn't restore from a backup, you may restore the corrupted file. Do it manually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD