I am at my wit's end. All of a sudden, I cannot synch my Pearl 8130 with my PC. Without that ability, I may as well throw my Pearl away. I have booted and rebooted. I uninstalled the Desktop Manager software and reinstalled it. (I have version 4.3 of the Blackberry Desktop Software.) What happens is that it recognizes that the device is connected, starts to read the device, and then says Microsoft has encountered an unexpected error and closes the Desktop Manager software program without accomplishing the synchronization.

HELP!!!
    06-19-08 08:35 PM
    Hope this will help other Crackberry users-- I found a suggested solution on the User Forum on Blackberry.com and it worked!! Leave your Blackberry unplugged. Open Desktop Manager and click on Synchronize. Click on Configuration Tab and the click on RESET CONFIGURATION. Close Desktop Manager, and then reopen. Connect your device. You may get a message "No applications configured for synchronization." CLick OK.

Re-setup your sync information with Outlook. VOILA! It should now work.
    06-19-08 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the post. I also had this issue and followed your instructions. It works fine now.
    10-21-09 12:53 PM
    I have also had this issue many a time. The way I got it to work, is it was always crashing when it got to the calander section. So what you can do is have your phone plugged in, and do not start the sync. Go to Backup/Restore and click on the advanced tab. Find the Calander on your phone, and do a clear all. it seems to crash on alot of different calendar entrys. After it is cleared, resync with your outlook and it should work fine!
    10-22-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD